Be able to see REP you have given... ?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by DiAmOnD RaStA, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know that the rep system is Vbulletin or whatnot, and we will for the most part probably not see many changes with it...

But I was thinkin today, it would be nice to also have a column in the User CP where Rep Given is shown. Anyone think this would be a good idea?

Comment...

2. Yeah, I think it'd be pretty dope.

3. Would it make forensic investigations into Rep abuse easier for the mods? (Specificly for retaliation-rep)

If so then yes, i think its a great idea. Otherwise i think it might just complicate an allready clutterd User Control Panel, eg like that dates you recieved rep (theres allready a linky to the post that people repped you from, which would include the date, if you needed that information for some reason.)

4. No I dont think it would help out the mods at all, we can already see that shit I think...

Really you think the User CP's cluttered? lol theres tons more shit when ur a mod.

5. I'm a Mod and admin on a couple of (gaming) forums so i understand, but when I'm bent browsing my grasscity UCP it can end up distracting me, and i get lost on tangents :eek:

I haven't modded a forum that uses Rep systems tho, so am unfamilar with the tools ( I wish every forum had the Rep system tho).

I still think another Rep log would just be clutter, but thats just my opinion.
    If there was any modification to the UCP and rep system, then I'd deffiently prefer the post-postive-Rep "pop up" message to be changed to prevent rep abuse.

6. It's not an option right now with vB. So, it really doesn't matter if people want it or not. There's lots of things I want vB to implement but they just won't do any of it. Maybe in the future.

The best thing to do is to keep Notepad open and copy/paste all rep given and to who if you really want/need to keep up with it.

7. I know it doesnt matter, was just putting it out there tho

8. IDK .. .. I know Super Mods *( If has the right permission level ) Can See and change the Point settings, ..

reg mods, well they can see, but can't save.

S.Mods are the power, and whatever Admin gives extra, is just more responsibility, and leads to confusion and in instances, tampering with that number *( Point Number )

I say naaa .. .. :)

If its not broke, why fix it .. ..

Peace all .. .. :)

9. Sure why not? I say so, because it's fun to dream.

10. I sometimes stay awake at night wondering what SJ's screen looks like...

11. Is there anyway to see how many points our rep is worth?

12. Well, you're wrong. Super Mods can not see or change the point settings...at all. Only the Admins (me and SJ) can and I'm the one that deals with all of the rep. Moderators can't see another members rep. Super Mods can see recent rep given. Please don't misinform people on something dealing with the forums.

So, again...it's not something available with the version of vB that we have. Sorry.

...and no, there's no way to see how much your rep is worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.