BCNorthernLights Bloombox DWC first indoor!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mastershuffles, Jul 20, 2011.

1. #1 mastershuffles, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
    Hey grasscity just got my Bloombox from BCnorthernlights.com....so I adjusted my pH to 5.7, soaked seeds in water overnight at 80F. woke up to soak rockwool in pH water for 4 hours...planted seeds in rockwool, placed under 125W CFL in the veg chamber under clone dome, humidity is 80% but for some stupid reason...not a single one sprouted! I've never done hydro but I've also never had problems germinating...is there something I'm doing wrong? I just ordered a couple more and plan to do the same thing except once they've soaked in water, move them to moist paper towels to finish off germination and don't plant unless I see a good taproot

2. yeah should have germinated in the paper towel all the way then thrown into ur rockwool....

3. I got some new seeds, soaked them in a cup of distilled water over night...then moved them into a moist paper towel for another day and I've never seen such perfect looking taproots before...one was too big to plant! I will take pics soon

4. just a quick controversial question...should you give them CFL lighting soon as you plant the seed in rockwool? or leave it in the dark until you see action from above ground? not too sure how to do this with hydro but soil is light right away no? got so many mixed answers

5. yup as soon as u got a good taperoot and its in the rockwool throw that cfl on there time to grow...ha

6. I will definitely try that. do you have any idea why some people say to leave it in the warm dark till you see movement from above ground? my guess is to establish a good root system before bringing in photosynthesis? I will for sure try it with CFLs right away now, thanks for the help feenoh:smoke:

7. well some people belevie that leaving it in the darkness for a peirod lets the seedling focus its energy on root grwth instead of leaf producttion but i usually tthrow them in right after taperoot and get results..and fo sho dude thats what these fourms are for looking forward too see ur grow...

8. #8 mastershuffles, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    here are some pics of the bloombox, if you can't tell there's a veg chamber on the left and a flower on the right...only planted one seed and the taproot got way to big in the paper towel like I said so I had to make a wide hole(didn't place plate on verticle position too) so I ripped a tiny piece of rockwool to put over the top as it was too wide to close! tried not to push to hard, as well as not planting the seed too deep don't know how this is going to work out but I have more seeds germinating and they look good...anyways these are the nutes I plan on using...Sensi Grow AB + Bloom AB, B-52, Big Bud, and Voodoo..again any advice, feedback or constructive criticism is always greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files:

9. so...the seed with the 1 inch long taproot actually sprouted today! I honestly thought it was too big and got damaged going inside but I hope it's okay...the other 2 I germinated both did so successfully and have now been planted in rockwool and placed under 125w CFL

Attached Files:

10. ha thats legit u got shit i wish i had to grow ha need a veg chamber...=\ ha but yeah man doin nicely keep it up looks like thing are lookin good......

11. hmm so I'm wondering when abouts is the best time to water these bad boys? I planted the one that sprouted on the 21st, so 2 days ago and it feels like it could almost use a watering...the sides of rockwool are barely moist, like really barely lol but I thought the rockwool retains water well and you should wait like 4-5 days before the first hand water?

12. so this is over a 24 hour period....going not too bad from my view the only thing that concerns me is the taller boy feels really light and almost out of water, but it doesn't look unhealthy at all..the sides are barely wet at all. if I do water now how so? with 1 ml of sensi grow a+b and voodoo juice per gal? and with a spray bottle or just dip the bottom in the solution?

Attached Files:

13. I would say they are a little too small for nutes just yet but I'm still new to this as well. :) Good luck!!!

14. I'm subb'd. I was looking into thee boxes before I went with a cheaper set up. I'll be watching closely. :)

15. #16 mastershuffles, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
    sooo I checked again today and roots are starting to be shwon out of the bottom, they are white and look good but also seem a little dry?? there is no free water on the bottom of the dome. I have the plan to water only once after the first initial soaking of rockwool, then transplant to 3' how is this looking so far?

Attached Files:

16. Looking great so far man :)

17. that's awesome to hear from someone like you omdogg much appreciated! the only thing I'm worrying about is shouldn't there be a bunch of little roots instead of an individual long one? won't the root dry out like that?

18. The long one is most likely the main taproot. The smaller roots come off of that one.

19. so it should be transplanted shortly then? I was thinking max 3 days for the tallest puppy