BC Kush at 3 weeks, end of leaves curling down

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bigslick7878, Jan 24, 2014.

1. So this thing was looking strong until this morning, flawless actually and now it has turned down leaves and overall sagging.I flushed it....any thoughts what it could be? Wait to see what happens over next 24 hours?Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Did you add and fertilizer? Did you water through and test the ph run-off?

Only fert I added was starter (Dr Earth Organic) about a week ago.

Runoff PH was 5.7

It looks even worse now after the water. Water is 6.5 from well.

4. #4 mmman, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    What is the N/P/K value on the Dr Earth Organic and how much did you feed? A plant that small should not need nutes. What kind of medium are you using? All these questions are important, that's why we like to have folks fill out the form.

5. Sorry first time posting here didn't know about the form but found it.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? - soil
    What brand and type of soil? - Dr Earth Organic
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? BC Kush
    How old are the plants? 3 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? Under 464 (or whatever) watt T5
    How far from the lights? 6inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Weekly, well
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Dr Earth 2-4-2, a week ago. Used as directed for pot size.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? ., runoff 5.7
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Temp 75, humidity 40%
    What size pots? 1 gallon pot
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info? Flushed when I woke up and saw issue.

6. #6 mmman, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Next water through don't add anything, especially nutes. Organic soil should sustain the plants for better than a month to 6 weeks at least and longer. Take a gander at this chart and see where you're at in the root-zone, if indeed your run-off was accurate? Your slipping in nutrient uptake of N, P, and K, but most importantly your locking out Mg and Ca. Next water through, send it through phed up to 8 and bring the root-zone ph to 6.5/6.8 respectively. If you continue on your present course, you'll be into multiple nutrient lock-out soon.

http://boards.cannabis.com/attachments/plant-problems/281235d1325194867-brown-spots-some-twisted-leaves-some-tips-curled-down-phchart.jpg

7. New pic, look at tip of leaves. Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. [quote name="mmman" post="19398793" timestamp="1390586261"]Next water through don't add anything, especially nutes. Organic soil should sustain the plants for better than a month to 6 weeks at least and longer. Take a gander at this chart and see where you're at in the root-zone, if indeed your run-off was accurate? Your slipping in nutrient uptake of N, P, and K, but most importantly your locking out Mg and Ca. Next water through, send it through phed up to 8 and bring the root-zone ph to 6.5/6.8 respectively. If you continue on your present course, you'll be into multiple nutrient lock-out soon.http://boards.cannabis.com/attachments/plant-problems/281235d1325194867-brown-spots-some-twisted-leaves-some-tips-curled-down-phchart.jpg[/quote]Should I transplant? Try to get the ph up now? It is getting worse by the hour. Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. A plant that small would not have enough root structure to sustain washing the roots, and if you went with more fresh soil, I don't think that would help because the plants roots are what dictates ph, and you pushed it down by fertilizing, so, Id'd say the only option would be to flush. Sorry, Bud.

10. I think the soil might be the issue, I have had odd things like this pop up recently with a variety of plants.

I have re used it a couple times, thought  because I am all organic it would be OK. Guess not.

Going to flush all the new soil I use, and then re add amendments to get it back right. That is the only thing I can think of.

Please keep us updated?

12. Will do.Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. She is fighting through it, making a comeback slowly but surelySent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: