Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BC Bud in Whistler

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sherak, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Hit whistler couple days ago from the UK, was under the impression bud love in British Columbia was almost on a par with the Dutch but currently not feeling it.. any bc boys put me straight?

2. Privately loving bud in BC is highly popular.  420 in Vancouver can be fun but it's still illegal so what did you expect? 

3. Bc bud is bomb and was always bomb but other places are stepping their game up I'd say toronto bud is almost as good.

4. #4 Sherak, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015

no need to take the high horse bro, been smoking for over 20 years, in country's all over the world, never been to Canada before but been reading for years how its a bit of a cannabis hot spot and always fancied coming over to try it, ok we came for your awesome mountains not your herb but assumed that the herb would be easy to come by, boarding in France for years and you can pick up good green on arrival even thought its 100% illegal on every level.

Disappointed at the snobbery and arrogance we have found so far in Whistler when it comes to the herb, understand its not the ideal location and I wouldn't start to make generalisations based on just the one town in your huge country but all the same disappointed, been here 4 days and still to score, our reserves dried up days ago and in most cases the Canadians are telling us to speak to the Australians! :) lol...

Got a potential hook up, fingers crossed it comes off, but in my 25 years of travelling whistler is currently at the bottom of the pot friendly towns we have visited. :(

edit: but your mountains and snow are pretty sick! :p

5. Sorry if I came of rude or anything, I wasn't trying to sound harsh.  I just meant that BC is a hotspot because most of us here love weed but the few people who don't make a pretty big fuss about it so it's all kind of low key. Whistler definitely doesn't come to mind when I think of pro marijuana and the snobbery and arrogance is present in every city as far as I can tell. Most smaller cities or towns are more friendlier though. One time a group of tourists actually came up to my car window outside of a gas station while waiting for my dealer and asked if they knew where they could get some weed.  So I just bought some from my dealer and sold them a small bag of it.   The mountains are one of the few reasons I love living here lol  I haven't had weed from outside of British Columbia so I might be biased but I think we have some of the best you can find and there is a crazy amount of it which is probably a reason why Canada is connected with weed so much.

6. No single country or state has the 'best weed', it's just more common on some area then others... You're comparing legal weed you get in Amsterdam to street weed. It's around it's just harder to find better quality on the streets than in the store

7. you are going to a ski town in Canada and trying to compare it to Hollands biggest city not to mention its legal there. Go to Vancouver or some bigger cities in Canada and you will find some. it's not Canada's fault it's your own. do not insult my country and its bud because YOU went to the wrong place.

sent from my igloo in Canada

8. Dude it took me a couple of years to find a really good connect with high grade at a resonable price. Its ILLEGAL in Canada, people are not gunna risk a fine or jail time to hook someone up.

9. #9 allusernamestaken!, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015

I think its your location, Whistler is a high end place, tougher to find the friendly people looking to help you out. You are being told to find the Aussies because those are the people who come to Whistler for the temporary jobs and more likely to smoke, not many young Canadians can afford to work in Whistler full time. I would take a trip to Vancouver, there are plenty of dispensaries to go to, there is even a weed vending machine. Pretty easy to get a membership in order to buy and from what I have seen great variety and pricing. That would be my advice. If you go, check out Grouse mountain, Capilano suspension bridge, and some of the downtown food trucks.

BC used to have many experienced growers, but with the legal climate in other parts of the world changing, many others over the years have caught up because they can do it more openly now, and their legal climate is actually better than those in BC which is a huge advantage to attract and enable talented growers. My 2 cents.

10. we met a czech guy who hooked us up with a Q of AK47, full deal and mint weed! very strong! for $60 we were made up, he was a real nice guy working the lifts. So all was good and we boarded your fine mountains with enough herb to see us through.

Wont lie didn't really like Whistler village, was pretentious and false, but we hit Vancouver for a sesh towards end of holiday and that place was rocking fine! great city!,...

11. #11 highmfer, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    Got to remember, a lot of whistler population is tourists or ppl working from abroad. Too bad ur not still there. I'm headed there Thursday - Monday. Stoked!