BC Bud Depot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by frostygreens209, Nov 13, 2014.

1. #1 frostygreens209, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    Hello guys! Newbie here. Yes, another bad review for these guys. SCAMMERS!!!
    This is the email I wrote them and got not response.

Hello,
    Received seeds of "The Purps" in June and started a cycle a couple of months after that. I was really looking forward to getting great results and obtain what I paid for. I'm about a week or two from harvesting and the results are way off. The formation of the buds are completely different from what "The Purps" suppose to look like. Also it looks like two different types of strains because half of the plants do not look like the other half. When lights are off I kept the temp to 55f-65f and yet no signs of purple not even the stems. Not sure what went wrong on your guy's end, but what I receive was def not "The Purps". Let me know if there's a remedy to this. The last thing I want to do is write up a long negative review. I have attached pics of two different types of buds that grew out of the seeds I received. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415903672.029005.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415903686.519736.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415903705.160763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You do realize there are usually multiple (sometimes 6+) variations (phenotypes) of a strain? They all have different characteristics and usually look different.

3. Not all seeds are created equally.

4. Very much aware. I'm a newbie on the site not on the field. I ordered a 20pk and got 6 males. The rest of the 14 all look like the pictures above. Don't you think I should have gotten at least one that looks like what I paid for and what they're advertising?

5. This thread is interesting. My brother bought 10 seeds from BC Bud Depot with similar results. We were supposed to get BC Godbud, but we definitely did not get that. Here is a pic of what we did get. Week 9 of flowering. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416426861.150973.jpg

6. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I've been ripped off before.  Not by BCBD but I have been scammed buying seeds.  It pains me to see it happen to anyone.

Do your research.  There are plenty of threads on this forum attesting to who is legit and who is not.  There are plenty of good options out there.

8. Lesson learned for sure. I did make that mistake by not searching more :/

9. BC Bud Depot are crooks they got me once but never again.

10. Agree, but this sounds extreme. If the seeds are the same strain there should be more similarities.

Valid concern.

11. Fair enough, should be <3-4 with a well breeded strain.

12. I wonder if mites affect coloration?

13. I'd guess no because typically that is controlled by chlorophyll and through photosynthesis. Discoloration can also happen through chemical changes to the plant's media or water supply as well. Mites will reduce the plant leaves ability to harness light and convert sugars. It will also force the plant to divert resources away from flowers to fight the mites. I haven't seen a mites cause discoloration on their own, usually its combined with other factors.

Here's a pretty good visual diagnostic page for plant problems.

14. discoloration was from being close to harvest and a bit too much bloom. Also I think neem oil burn them just a bit. I was trying to avoid PM.

Mr. Frostygreens209

15. the stippeling looks like a major mite problem..

16. is this about mites or getting the right seeds?

Mr. Frostygreens209

17. sorry man didn't mean to hurt your feelings but yeah id worry more about the mite problem it doesn't really matter what seeds you run if they strip all the goodness from you lol my bad..

18. No feelings hurt here mate! Just stick to the subject and no extra can of worms get open. And again I did not have a mite problem. And yes it does matter what seeds I got simply because I paid for them and I ordered a specific strain I wanted. If they were free, then yea beggars can't be choosers✌️

Mr. Frostygreens209

19. Bc bud depot sucks , they have the worst customer service. BCBD advertises their seeds as being feminized and they arnt feminized as I have found males in every pack of 'feminized' seeds. I have never had a problem with hermaphrodites until i used . BCBD seeds... These guys don' give two shits about us or our businesses, all they want is a quick buck. I will never use their garbage seeds ever again . When you reach out to these people it' like talking to a upset 14year old little girl, they could care less what I have so say. Oh well Karma is a big b*tch, and I have made sure I have posted this on every site I can find , face book , Instagram you name it !! And what feels the best is their are hundreds of posts just like mine bcbd sucks big ballz

20. I place a large order with BCBud Depot last year and I honestly believe only 1 of the strains (BC God) ordered was what it was supposed to be. Everything arrived promptly and all, but 1 of these strains was White Widow. Now I've grown WW for many years and I KNOW what it looks like. I don't know what this stuff is, but I DO know what it ISN'T!. I still have 20+ seeds of 3 strains and I won't use them. I ran several batches of each with the exact same results. I think it was just bagseed, personally. I know I will NEVER order from them again. Too many SCAM accusations with these guys. Getting seed has become the part of growing I hate the most over the last few years. Too stressful. Now I've gone and upset myself. I'm going to smoke a joint and go lay down. Peace, comrades