BB's as difuser beads?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Vexir, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Ok so i have a side car bubbler..
    [​IMG]

and i wanted to know if i could use regular bb's that you would use in an air rifle, to act as diffuser beads you'd put in a bong, thx in advance for answers.

2. u mean like the plactic ones or the copper ones, plastic may be fine for that but copper is a definite no

3. #3 Vexir, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
    umm, i have the plastic air soft ones, but they wont fit through the carb hole in my bubbler, so i have metal ones, but they're not copper, they're steel, so would that still not work.

4. it should work but the only problem i see would be getting them out

5. any experience ive had with BBs and water tells me that they rust..... very badly. I wouldnt do it...

6. this is what i was thinking

7. What about the bowl hole? it should be wider than the carb, no??

8. In this case, water FTW.

9. why not do what hashbean did
    Superheat a pyrex pan with a blowtorch untill its ridiculously hot then drop it in a bucket of water. It will shatter
    Not only is it fun to do, but it leaves you with these nice glass pieces that you can use as diffuser beads.
    be careful tho, sharp lol.

10. Just go to a pet store and get the stuff they use for fish tanks.

11. #11 tharedhead, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010

Be careful, though, some of it is treated with an antifungal agent to keep that green slimy stuff from growing on it in the tank. Very toxic. Other fish tank material had dyes added which may be dangerious. For safety, boil in water to cover for at least 5 min. before using (cool and drain).
    (edit:the clear glass looks great!)

12. Exactly. Just go to wal-mart and pick some of these up:

[​IMG]

I got some the other day, it was less than $3 for a good sized bag.

13. he is looking for a bubbler not a bong im mean how the hell are you going to get that in that bubbler without breaking it

14. I *think* they make smaller ones, not 100% sure though. I would never put steel/brass into my piece though :confused:...

See if the ice they have at sonic will fit through the hole...I've heard that works well (and it's free...sort of)!