BBC documentary on how cannabis works

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by super ape, Jan 9, 2011.

1. genetically engineered cannabis, like fuck. And that guy was fucking pathetic, couldn't go sober for a day. pos

2. rage defense mechanisms engaged

3. Im watching it now, but that visual of the smoke going down the throat almost made me puke

4. YO WTF.... your chances of getting a heart attack the hour after smoking cannabis is increased 5 times?

Is this bullshit?

5. #6 SammySess, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
    AHAHAHAHAHA THE OLD VIDEO OF THE GUY at 11:15.... "Well its been 2 hours since you were given the drug... how do you feel?"

"....FANTASTIC......"

EDIT

I love how the guy narrating says "it attacks the nervous system, and hijacks the brain, like a herbal terrorist" ... the fuck is HE smoking?

EDIT

I want one of those weed flapjacks ... DAMN!

6. That bit was hilarious, but the best bit was where they blamed weed for some guy's schizophrenia even though his dad commited suicide because of mental illness. :rolleyes:

7. I just watched the girl doing the experiment of smoking low THC high CBD (AKA SCHWAG!!!!) and then smoking pure THC out a vape...

Fuck skunk for real i know what they mean thats like what i get when im not home i get skunked up shit that gets me so paranoid and precisely what i smoked to end my tolerance break with... freaked me out!!

8. thats a nicely rolled joint in the intro, well done!

9. #10 Gerhardt, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    The conclusion they came to about the effects of cannabis on paranoia symptoms is flawed. The effect of cannabis comes from the combination of all the chemicals in the plant. The cannabinoids balance out the paranoia from the THC, except in some extreme sativas. Her "raging parnoia," that consisted of finding different meanings in one question (a totally normal thought process) was brought on by injecting only one chemical at a time. Even combining two types of chemicals doesn't represent the chemical make up cannabis smoke and oils that are put into food.

The test does a good job at explaining the different effects of the two main chemicals in cannabis but that psych evaluation was misleading.

10. Dang, it says its not available in my area, i cant watch it.

11. Yeah man its true. I actually thought the chances increased 10 times within the hour of smoking pot, go figure.

But do not be fooled by this argument. While it is true that cannabis increases your heart rate, is does so nowhere near as much as EXERCISE does! The truth is that a lot of things increase your chances of heart attacks, but most of them are regarded as completely safe. I mean the chances of you getting a heart attack (assuming you are healthy and not old :p)) are slim to none, increasing that ten times still leaves you with... slim to none.

12. Hey guys. I was actually on this program, if you click on my profile or my blog entries you can check out my take on the show and there is also a youtube link there of non-UK viewers.

I actually sent my blog to the producer, I received a reply of her earlier today, if anybody is interested I'll also publish that on my blog.

13. your 10 times more likely to have a heart attack running or while having sex, it's not something you should be worried about if your half decently fit.

14. ! :eek:

15. :wave:
    :smoke:

16. your youtube link dont work bro. the video was taken down.

17. I know, how turd. There is now a vimeo link on the blog if you're still interested!:hello:

18. Why the shit is the content blocked? I'm getting so annoyed of this copyright bullshit.

19. just seen it last night on tv, I used to hear of skunk but I feel like a right newb, but what is skunk? I thought it was just what dank bud was and they gave it a name in the U.K?