bb gun co2

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by anaujiram420, Feb 8, 2007.

1. so i have two plants in a phototron about 4 ft each and they are not getting enough co2. does anybody know if the littel co2 cartridges for bb guns is the same co2 that plants need (probably a dumb question)? and if so could i just crack open one of those in there each day? thanx gc!!!

2. Yes, that will work for a source of Co2, but it will be hard to contain it in your grow room. I once fashioned up a bit of a regulator out of a 20 oz paintball gun tank, normally would go for 2 weeks on a slow release.

That is definitely not the cheapest supply of Co2 you can make, but it will work.

3. paintball idea defianly will work they like 10 dollars 12oz and 2 dollar refill cheeeaaap

4. You might already know it, but if you have a tank, wrap it with a soaked sock (clean preferred, I'm sure) and freeze it. Bring the frozen socked tank in to be filled... It's been about 8 years since I played but I think they give you a discount if you do this... Or maybe it just allows for more space within the tank?

I don't remember.

5. Do you have ventilation? (Hopefully you do, you need it). The problem with CO2 supplementation is that the ventilation moves it right out of the grow space. Therefore you need a way to saturate the air with CO2 over an extended period of time, which you will not get from a pocket-sized cartridge.