Bay Area Oakland San Jose of Santa rosa

Discussion in 'General' started by zigzagzak, Apr 3, 2010.

1. I'm on the road to cali now, and could use some advice on where to go in the bay area. I'm thinking Oakland is my best bet. any advice is appreciated.

2. start from the bottom and go to the top, or other way around.

3. is there any major differences between the top and bottom. if so, what are they?

I'm thinking Oakland is my best bet bcs of its location but, i was looking for some thorough replies from locals

4. are u asking for like spots to get trees or wah?

it terms of visting places, go to sf, i live near oak and theres nothing there

5. dude I'm not trying to spread hate, I'm not, but take a step back and think about how utterly retarded this thread is. Come on now: we know nothing about your work, your income level, your hobbies, your anything.

How could anyone possibly just rattle off a helpful, pertinent piece of information given you told us absolutely nothing about you?

6. just be careful, certain areas have the attitude of 'if you dont live here or know someone that does, we dont want you here.'

7. ^ exactly, that oak, stick to the tourist spots, but what the hell are you askin in the first place

8. i suggest going up north. cheap weed, beautiful ladies, and lots of nature.

9. nah, i don't want to blow up any spots and i'm not visiting, i'm moving. i'm just trying to figure out where the best place, for a heavy smoker like me, to start at is. i like nature, but i like good public transportation more, atleast for now.

What's in SF thats not in Oakland?

10. I was asking for general information and local opinions. but if it'll help you help me. i'm a 25 year old, laid off, construction worker, from 20 miles south of Philly. I maid about 35,000 last year, and have some stashed, but i can live fine on much less. i don't know anyone in cali. i like to work, smoke, and hang out and drink a couple beers at the bar.

11. I was asking for general information and local opinions. but if it'll help you help me. i'm a 25 year old, laid off, construction worker, from 20 miles south of Philly. I maid about 35,000 last year, and have some stashed, but i can live fine on much less. i don't know anyone in cali. i like to work, smoke, and hang out and drink a couple beers at the bar.

12. just go all the way up to humboldt eureka/arcata

13. #13 dickens cider, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
    Dude, if you don't have a job lined up or serious cash saved, I would turn the fuck around. I'm the last man in the world to be negative about taking big steps like this, but you have to understand the current climate. Namely:

A)The Bay Area is literally one of the most expensive places to live in North America.
    B) Construction jobs are very hard to come by in California and almost non-existant in the Bay, particularly for white people not willing to work under the table for less than minimum wage.
    C) Oakland in particular is like no other city on earth. Very bohemian; almost nobody has a 9-5 in Oakland, seriously. It's all people who have their own game. This is cool and all, but for an outsider who doesn't have 20 grand in cash to start a grow up, good luck getting by.
    D) Oakland is the cheapest place to live in the bay (generally speaking), but there is a reason for that. There are parts of the city where a non-local person has roughly a 10-15 percent chance of walking 5 minutes, in daylight, and not getting beaten and robbed. The Tenderloin, etc. The cops have to take squad cars just to make an arrest. These are the only affordable places to live in the Bay, and even the Tenderloin is more expensive than Philly.

If you're literally on the road, like, on your way, I'd seriously turn around. if that is out of the question, I'll elaborate and offer more specific advice. If you're only moving out here because you heard the bay is the Weed Capital, turn around. I can offer a plethora of more intelligent spots than the Bay if smoking a legal blunt is your primary concern.

Sorry to be so negative, but I've seen dudes who come from much better financial situations than you under-estimate the cost of living/difficulty finding work in the bay end up sleeping on benches within 6 months. No shit.

14. Pacifica sounds like the perfect place for me. I haven't heard Pacifica yet. Alot of people say go to Sonoma or Sabestapol. But in my situation, not knowing anyone and being on a tight budget, i need to be somewhere with blue collar jobs and good public transportation. And I also want to be around people in my age group, blue collar class.

That said, do you still think its the place for me?

15. i live in the South Bay and love it here, but id move to Santa Cruz or SF if i had a chance.

Santa Cruz = near the beach, Boardwalk, hella dank weed, and the atmosphere is really chill. this area is drug friendly for sure.

SF= you're where the action and excitement is. if you lived here, youll never ever get board cuz there is always something to do and people to meet.

damn, i love the BAY AREA!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9hp4ubU1k]YouTube - 2Pac - California Love[/ame]

ohyeahh, and check out the Emerald Triangle if you wanna grow weed.

16. so u dont have a job lined up here or u do? sounds like you dont, so unless you have lots of $$$ id take that dudes advice and turn around

17. sounds good man, I'll be coming up from I40, so its not even really out of my way. i can't wait to smoke some cali budz

18. Just a little warning, though....35 g's will get you through 6-8 months in the Bay Area. Prepare to make a significant cost of living adjustment.

Sacramento is hecka cheaper, but no longer feels like the Bay Area. It does have about 35 dispensaries, though.

Tahoe is nice, but island-like.........I could go on like this over the WHOLE nor cal area....

19. Indeed..........that is sound advice....not hate. I hate seeing young homeless........

20. I took a road trip last fall and drove down the coast from oregon all the way to SF. NorCal was AWSOME, i've never seen anything like it. i even got lucky with a girl named sara lee in Eureka. But I don't want to be that far out in the middle of nowhere. But if the bay area turns out to not be the place for me i'm just going to keep heading north.