*BATTLE TOURNY* Mycelia vs head dead

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cberry8, May 14, 2011.

1. #1 cberry8, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    Each person will have 36 hours to check in, once both have checked in there will be a 24 hour window to post your verses.

Remember the rules, 16 lines!!! Questions, just ask or refer to the original thread which I provided a link to below.

Once both verses have been dropped, voting will ensue for 24 hours before a winner is decided.

When writing your verses consider the following:
    NO FEEDING/FLIPPING
    NO RECYCLING
    NO SWAYING
    NO BITING

Any questions on the definitions of the rules, see the original Rap Battle Tournament Thread in the link above.

Mycelia
    Battlin' against me's sure to leave ya Gratefully Dead
    Cuz this Friend of the Devil will stick a .38 in ya head
    I'm like Satan in red, and you're Jesus tryin' to enduce some tricks
    Keep tryin' me son and I'm gonna have to pull out the crucifix
    It's heart splittin when I say start spittin and you're open-mouth cuz you're used to dicks
    I'm the Ace of Spades when it comes to spittin, you more like the Deuce of Jits
    And that's exactly what comes thru ya lips, it's ludicrous
    I'm the dude that spits, shit as fuckin' fire as them buddah hits
    I'll blow your fuckin head off like the guy from 9/11*
    And give it right back to ya as you dine in heaven
    I'm kinda shreddin, anything you could write to get votes
    Cuz with some big tokes I be spittin' them sick quotes
    While this prick chokes, serves him right for tryna play me
    Cuz any n!gga with half a brain could see he ain't no JG**
    Soon you're gonna wish your ass never heard of me
    Cuz you'll be doin the Dire Wolf screamin 'Please Don't Murder Me!'

head dead
    Not even ten mycelium could get packed inside your cranium,
    More space between your eyes then could make up the Atrium you alien
    So who’s creatin’ ‘em , half guy half fun? Hardly a fungui but frontin like he’s one
    You cant beat the Heat, kid my Kitchen’s like Miami, see if this LP deserves consideration from the academy
    Because lately Mycelia’s been mad at me for, eating the swiss mushroom melt from Harvey’s, close, associate to his family,
    But he becomes a cannibal gladily, happily eating, compost or rotting trees and leaves, no morality
    But you weaken foundations, you parasite, I thought id right the verse, not sure if you’d bite
    For Fuck’s sake I didn’t know that plant-people could write,
    Too think that you shrivel up and die in direct light -- you fuckin’ chichi* termite
    I literally excrete psilocin and psilocybin, like a drinking fountain
    Blood rush out your hymen, but man for your first time you’re cryin, stinky tears and stink eyen
    With my shrooms I ‘m straight up dyin to freeze ‘em outdoors in frost, like Christmas season
    skate laps around you in an ice rink, snag a bag of ‘em and eat em
    Im trying to decide wether you’re worth competing
    Fuck reason, im taking treason over this heathen, going to pound his face to ground
    He’s bleedin, but keep on suffocatin him till he can’t keep heavein’, anaerobically breathin

VOTING RULES

Voting should also be based upon...

• PUNCHES
    • NAME PLAY
    • WORD PLAY
    • PERSONALS
    • FLOW
    • MULTI'S
    • ORIGINALITY

In order for your vote to count you must leave an explanation as to why you voted the way you did, otherwise your vote will not be counted. You cannot vote for yourself, either..

Mycelia - 0
    head dead - 8

2. checkin in. hopefully wont need the whole 24 but we'll see

3. am i still posting a verse or would I just get a by?

4. Just pay attention to the rules...until midnight to check in

5. no doubt. I must have been trippin man I thought that said '7:34pm yessterday' I am thinking about it now, and because I was on my andriod phone (although not the app, cant figure out how to even post a message) I think it is possible I misread that.

6. #6 head dead, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    Not even ten mycelium could get packed inside your cranium,
    More space between your eyes then could make up the Atrium you alien
    So who’s creatin’ ‘em , half guy half fun? Hardly a fungui but frontin like he’s one
    You cant beat the Heat, kid my Kitchen’s like Miami, see if this LP deserves consideration from the academy

Because lately Mycelia’s been mad at me for, eating the swiss mushroom melt from Harvey’s, close, associate to his family,
    But he becomes a cannibal gladily, happily eating, compost or rotting trees and leaves, no morality
    But you weaken foundations, you parasite, I thought id right the verse, not sure if you’d bite
    Too think that you shrivel up and die in direct light -- you fuckin’ chichi* termite
    I literally excrete psilocin and psilocybin, like a drinking fountain
    Blood rush out your hymen, but man for your first time you’re cryin, stinky tears and stink eyen
    With my shrooms I ‘m straight up dyin to freeze ‘em outdoors in frost, like Christmas season
    skate laps around you in an ice rink, snag a bag of ‘em and eat em
    Im trying to decide wether you’re worth competing
    Fuck reason, im taking treason over this heathen, going to pound his face to ground
    He’s bleedin, but keep on suffocatin him till he can’t keep heavein’, anaerobically breathin

*chichi mon = batti boi or gay guy, originated from some culture's word for termite.

EDIT: Also, many of these lines are pseudo-biology refferences, so if you dont get them thats why, it is also why they are only vague accurate, more for the sake of the comedy. Basically Im trying to call him plants and shit because mycelia is part of all fungi, same goes for the anerobic line, and the line about foundations getting destroyed by fungi.

Ill gladly clarify lines...

7. Both had their lines. I was really liking head deads creativity, using unique schemes and fresh multies.

Mycelia I felt kept it old school and typed up a heavy hittin battle verse. Mycelia just edged out the flow but head dead had more/better punches.

Fuck... I gotta think for a sec lol... Close battle.

I think I'll give it to head dead for the imagery and complexity.

+1 head dead.

8. +1 head dead

My reasoning is actually pretty much the same logic as Sparkin's, I felt that Mycelia definitely had the flow down, he threw some of his punches in, however a lot of it felt very generic. Leading off with a .38 reference didn't do a whole lot for me, in fact it may have hurt you in my eyes.

head dead didn't go for the flow, but easily took the originality portion, threw in nice vocabulary with it. You both had the whole horror thing going, but head dead's did it for me.

Also had my favorite line from the battle...

9. Wow tough one to vote for, props to both good battle.

I felt like both had solid/ close to the same amount of punches. Mycel's flow i thought was a little stronger, but i feel like head dead was more creative so im gonna have to go with head dead.

+1 head

10. head dead- the start was dull but it built up really nice and i liked that. simply for the originality and creativeness when incorporating punches, the flow went off a lil bit but youn manage to pick it up again.

Mycelia, you had punches but i feel head beat you to them.
    you stuff flows better but once i read the gun play line, it set the mood of your verse as "this again" type of stuff, it hurt your verse, but you steered away from it quick. you punches had their shining moments but didn't touch head's creative ones.

+1 head dead

11. it's easy to rhyme bout guns...

+1 Head dead more creative and not talking bout killing shit because for one its the internet for 2 he doesnt have a 38 :laughing:

12. i didnt really like what mycelia what raping about it was pretty weak, lol
    but the skill was there just not the content, head dead had actually punches and without gun talk

13. +1 to head dead for originality and creativity. He used name play throughout most of the verse in creative ways-that's what impressed me most.

14. bumping for some votes

15. +1 to head, same reasons as basically everyone is giving. mycelia, you got rhymescheme knowledge but the content just wasnt cuttin it against head's verse