Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Battery powered uv lights

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FrankFourTwenty, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Hello grasscity community,

me and a friend have found a spot to grow a plant, because where we want to grow it is near his house we don't want to be using uv lights with the house power because the electricity bill will probably be rather high...

I was wondering if growing 1 plant would be noticeable on the electricity bill if so where can I get some uv battery powered lights that would grow a plant.

2. Scroll down to the "Absolute Beginners" thread and post this thread there. You might get some better answers.

3. It doesn't matter how many plants you have lol, it depends on how many watts you're running. If you run about 200 watts of CFLs it'll only cost you 4-5 extra dollars a month.

4. I am of no help here. But I would assume batteries would not be very effective as you probably would spend more on batteries than electricity. Just my 2 cents.

5. I know, he just doesn't want the rest of his family what hes doing, hence why we want to use batteries haha

6. You will be hard pressed to find a battery capable of powering a decent grow, and it does depend on what lights you use. You might be able to come up with something using low powered lights like LEDs, or maybe even cfl lights that run on a battery that you periodically recharge and replace, but that is still using your electricity, and possibly more.

If not using electricity from your home is a must, then your best bet might be using some type of generator and concealing it and just paying for gas, but that seems extremely inefficient as well. Consider a river mill and solar panels as an absolute last resort lol.

I forgot to answer your other question though, will it be noticeable on your electric bill. Well, that depends. If you live in a tiny apartment and you have never had an electric bill over $50 then you might notice a small increase. If you are like most american consumers who just leave lights on all the time run ac with windows open or are dependent on some sort of television or video games, then chances are you wont see a difference in your bill.

Even if there is a noticeable difference, that is not evidence for anything, nor would it suggest one is cultivating marijuana. Who knows if you just got a new home theater, or a hot tub. With such a small grow, you have little to worry about electricity wise:smoke:

7. Your friend is very, very, dumb if he is trying to grow in a house he doesn't own.