Bathtub Hydro Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iPlant, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Bathtub Hydro Grow
    \t\t\t \t\t\tHello all, long time reader, first time poster :D

I am using different methods with identical nutrients and want to share as well as question...

1). Aerogarden worked for one plant, but has become my starter unit...
    2). Bubbleponics Home Made unit w/ 4" net pots, wool cubes, lava rock, manifold, hosing, air-stones..
    3). 10 gal fish tank with Styrofoam floater, net pots, lava rock, wool cube and air-stone...

1) Aerogarden Deluxe $200
    2) Do it Yourself Bubbleponics with all accessories- $25
    3) 10 fish tank with all accessories - $17

1). Aerogarden is tremendous to start the plants and get them to 5" tall in no time
    2). Bubbleponics is perfect for accepting the 5" plant from the Aerogarden and the plant bushes out
    3). The fish tank is perfect for accepting the 5" plant from the Aerogarden and the plant bushes out

The healthiest plants that I have are in the fish tank. The cheapest and easiest of all grows.

The Fish tank is filled with water and nutrients just like any other Hydro System. A small aquarium air pump and air stone, a piece of flat foam with 3" holes cut into it, 3.75" net Pots, lava rocks and 1.5" rock wool cubes.

I have seen a program on TV (How it's Made) and they showed lettuce farms that do exactly what I am doing with the fish tank but of course on a much larger scale....

Well, my question is....Has anyone ever used this technique in a bathtub???

My room is my extra tub and I have everything in the tub, just in containers.....WHY NOT USE THE ACTUAL TUB....?

So if I took everything that I had and just added additional floating styrofoam holders....the tub should work and yield awesome results.

Should be able to float at minimum 20 plants at once......AND:

1). You have all the fresh water that you will ever need
    2). You have a built in drain (block so that roots cannot go down)
    3). You have a shower curtain or two in which to hang lights and tie plants
    4). You have an exhaust fan
    5). You can wrap the shower with mylar all the way around and above lights

Is there anything that I am missing? Is the tub mfg from material that will not harm the plants?

Thoughts? Ideas? Add-ons? Skeptics? Cautions?

Thanks much for your time and efforts......:wave:

2. I wish i could use a bathtub. if your bathtub is straight up white, then u might not really need to wrap it in anything. but mylar if you can, cuz i have heard it is awesome.

I think you should be set in that area. that is a serious thought and goal of mine, is to straight up use an entire bathroom for growing. such a freakin good idea