bathroom grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by r2d2651, Jul 21, 2011.

1. I have a bathroom in my basement that is basically useless and NO ONE goes in it. It's got a nice empty tub in it and I'm sick of paying for weed and I want to try to grow a plant in there. I have access to whatever I need (as long as I scrounge up the money for it) and plenty of time. I've just spent a few hours reading the grow journals and I'm up for it. I'm about to leave for a week-long trip so it would be a little bit before I could actually start.

Could anyone help me? Just a short list on the bare minimums. I don't know anything about soil, pH etc. and I can't seem to find a defined "list" with like bullet points. All help much appreciated! :smoke:

2. if the bathroom has a good exhaust system already in place I'd put a 400w hps over the tub and vent it directly to the bathroom exhaust fan...

so ballast, bulb, timer, nutes...if you do soil just go with foxfarm ocean forest and some of the foxfarm nutes..makes it easy. If you're interested in coco, I have some info I've compiled about how I grow in coco...a sort of guide. I've always recommend coco over soil...hydro/coco is way easier then people think.

good luck

edit: oh if you cant afford the 400w you could start with a bunch of cfls and "Y" splitters for much cheaper.

3. guide please ;)

4. You know, that would be kickass ...

I would put about 3 inches of gravel/crushed rock in the bottom of the tub, and set the pots directly onto the gravel. That way you don't have to worry about water seeping out of the pots and damaging the floor and it makes it harder to overwater the plants. Suspend the lighting fixtures on small pulleys over the tub so you can adjust the height above the plants as they grow. You can use the sink as a source for water to mix the neuts with. Since it is not normally used, you can make sure that there are no light leaks so when it is lights out time, it is fully blacked out. Door is lockable to keep people out =) all you need to do is install a timer on the lights, make sure the temp and humidity are good to go and being in the basement it is harder to get a good FLIR on it if you hyper insulate any portion of an outside wall. All you need to do is figure a way to filter the outgoing vent for smell.