Bat Guano - The Real Deal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by durphym, Jul 11, 2020.

1. I was looking for some items in our shed this morning. We rarely use it because it has quite a few bats in there. As I looked around I could see piles of bat guano on the floor. Yes, it's bat guano as they were flying around me as I perused around. I shoveled up a bit and added only about 1/4 cup to a liter of water to make a tea. It's sitting in a bottle right now. I plan on letting it sit for 24 hours. I understand it needs to be strained through cheesecloth before using it. Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find cheesecloth. Do you think a coffee filter will do the trick? Not sure if I can find the unbleached ones. Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I would say you will be ok. It is no different than ,cow ,goat or chicken shit. if you let it cure and dry up it think it would just fine.

3. I would say you will be ok. It is no different than ,cow ,goat or chicken shit. if you let it cure and dry up it think it would just fine.

4. It is quite dry. There's quite a bit of it. I simply thought if it's here and worth it healthwise and nutrient-wise, I might use it. That's all. I do have other nutrients that work just fine. Thanks

5. Uncomposted bat poo can harbor harmful bacteria.not worth it, pay the man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks for your comment. Back in the day, I had heard so much good about it. Given the comments here, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Too bad, we have a very nice supply. :) I've already paid the man. It was just a possible option. Thanks!

7. Thanks, I did pay him. I'll stick to that. Can't afford to take the chance. It was just an option, I thought. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. When I was a kid, our neighbor got very sick from her work building being infested by bats. Can't remember the diagnosis but they determined that it came from bats.

• Like Like x 1
  9. . I'm sure there are many stories out there about people having illnesses they give credit to the bats for. It is what it is. I've lived where I am now for five years. Never had any illness here associated with anything. I rarely go into the shed where the bats are. We live in the jungle with a lot of insects. We love to watch the bats patrolling every night. They do a great job of eliminating a lot of bugs here. I tossed out the guano I had. Not going to take any chances. Not worth it. Thanks for the info.