Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Bass

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by dino spamoni, Sep 25, 2007.

1. just wondering if theres any other bass players here besides me

what do you play

2. god damn i guess im the only one???

3. I have a bass that I play... I'm not awesome at it, but I do play it two-three days a week for an hour or so. I don't know what kind it is. There is no brand name on it. The body is all black and the neck is woodgrain. I got it from a friend who got it from his uncle. I only paid 20 bucks for it. My friend said his uncle got it in the 80s and did gigs w/ it when he was in a local band. Its still in good shape and everything but yeah...

4. Ibanez Blazer series, 1980 edition, old, seasoned wood, feels fretless, even though it's not. I love bass guitar, it's the proletariot of instruments. Bill Laswell, Jaco pastorius, Charles Mingus, John Paul Jones, Chris Squire, Stu Hamm, Les Claypool, and too many influences to mention them all, but bass is cool.

Check out a movie named " Rising Low ", it's on cable sometimes, or dvd, but it is the most kick ass bassists I've ever seen, it is a tribute to Allen Woody the deceased bassist of the band Government Mule. Great interviews with the masters in there, and so much great playing.

5. damn i wish i was like you guys with these old basses...i got like a 3 year old ibanez

geddy lee has crazy ass bass lines line in yyz
    or
    listen to roundabout by yes i love thatbass line...probably my favorite

6. i play guitar, but i also play bass and drums. i have a shhitty bass becausae i never wanted it to be my primary instrument.

7. Wish i could find a bass player around here man- i play guitar.