Bass Wah-Wah and other Effect Pedal help.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by blo0drain420, Dec 17, 2007.

1. I was looking for a Bass Wah-Wah pedal at one of my music shops and I saw this pretty sick Boss for about $170, but I was also considering getting a "All in one" effect pad type thing with numerous different effects but im still not sure what to buy. I tried each but I need some suggestions. To me the Boss Wah was amazing and the "All in one" effect thing was kinda crappy although it was considerably cheaper than the other. Should I just buy a really nice "All in one" or just expensive pedals indiviaually? HELP!

2. I own a Crybaby for my lead.... and I get more use, and great sound out of it than my effect pedals.

I<3Wahs.

3. id just go with the wah. multi-effect pedals do have a lot more to offer, but they're all mediocre. It will be better in the long run to buy the individual effect pedals you need.

4. multi effects are garbage, not even worth it in the short run. Boss makes good products, I'd go with that.

5. Yea, I'd stick with individual pedals...personally I have a crybaby but every Boss pedal I've played has been solid, so that should work out fine. www.harmony-central.com has some great reviews of all sorts of products.

6. Unless you are a professionally touring musician, it would make a lot more sense to get a nice multi-effects pedal.

I have the Boss ME-50 for guitar, I've seen a bass version out there too. I had collected several individual Boss pedals, but decided to get the multi-effects pedal instead of continuing to purchase numerous different pedals. It is the greatest purchase I have ever made...

I had Boss sustain & distortion pedals prior to, and they are equally comparable to the ME-50 effects. :smoke:

7. stay away from multi-purpose pedals

figure out exactly what you want and get something that does just that...anything else will leave you wanting more

8. my friend just got a boss wah, and he just cant say enough good stuff about.

dont take the all in one, its shitty.

get the boss, i mean, the brand name is fucking BOSS, how bad can it be?