basic strand

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by groundcontrol, Dec 22, 2008.

1. well I'm looking into growing but I don't want a plant the needs crazy amounts of ferts, if there's something that will grow in good dirt or like bagged ferts would be cool

2. Dude its called a strain. A strand is like a strand of hair.

To your question... Just grow some bag seed from some decent herb. It was bred to be grown in less than perfect conditoins. That way you dont spend your money on a strain that might not work out. If you erally want to spend your money on something exotic then I would suggest an indica dom. hybrid. White widow from greenhouse is always a really really good smoke. And there is a complete guide to growing it on the internet if you google it.

My advice is to do a lot of reading on growing. Preferably organic since you can get all of the needed nutes at a garding store and your smoke will be amazing no matter what strain.

3. thanks for the advice, and if i top a plant will it stop it from getting really tall, i want to keep it at like a fot max. im trying to be really descrete

4. Yea if you top it then it will not grow a huge cola on top. It will tend to bush out more. Look up low stress training or LST and you should be golden(or green haha).

5. Btw, a foot is going to be hard to do and will have a very small yield. Make sure to veg it for a short period of time so it gets like 6 inches or so and keep the light as close as you can without too much heat if your using a MH or HPS lamp. That is the key. I'm asuming your using a CFL so it wont matter how close it gets to the plant since they dont get hot.

Use a blue spectrum bulb for veg and then a red for flower.

Also use a small pot that is wider and shallower(keeps the whole height down). Then if you LST and top it it should stay under 14 inches.

I just remebered that pretty much any lowryder strain will be predesposed to be the absolute smallest you can find. But I have to mention that they are not typically as good as an exotic indica that is grown corectly since they are a hybrid of ruderalis.