Basic questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Promethean, Oct 18, 2012.

1. #1 Promethean, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    I want to use 30 liter air pots but how many of them can fit in a 4.5 by 4.5 space with dehumidifier and an ac. I'll be using a 1000 watt air cooled hood and planning to scrog, hence the 4.5 x 4.5 space(space is very limited).

my 2nd room as I bought the lights already measures 2.5 X 6.

my main concern for why i ask is because I don't want to waste lights, is 2 x 6 a problem for a 600 watt? I hear a good space for it is 4 x 4 and a good space for 1000 is 6 x 6. Is this detrimental to the plants health?

if not and this is acceptable space what is the optimal number of plants for a 600 watt and a 1000 watt?

600 watt is cooltube.

ps - biggger containers = healthier plants?

2. if you are going to do a 4.5x4.5 scrog....with a 1000w.....i would try to fit 5 of those 30l pots in there. That would be sick

For the 2.5 x 6 room i would go with 2 400w lights....but if you already bought the 600w.....then I would place the 600 in the middle of the room....and try to get some supplemental lighting....maybe 2 of these.....
    Amazon.com: Sun System® HPS 150 Grow Light Fixture: Home Improvement

no
    biggger containers = bigger root zone = bigger plants

3. on "budget time" I willing to veg for 60 days max but If the plant wants longer she can take longer =P. But space is limited, and I MEAN limited. Are ideas of vertical scrog vs horizontal scrog?

4. also how much light would I lose if I made the space smaller?

5. I heard that 9 plants under a 1000 watt is the optimal, I'm still trying to gather info on this. 9 plants in 5 gal scrogged or 6 in 8 gal scrogged?

6. i would do 6 with 8 gallon scrogged

7. if it fills outs the screen, no light is wasted and I'm happy then, this is settled for me, 6 plants in 8 gal airpots Scrogged. no idea how to dial in but I suppose I'll just experiment. last 2 weeks of flower decrease humidity down to 30 or 35%( I hear this makes buds fatter and glossier). I re arranged the room, I now have 4.5 x 5 feet. ahahahaha I'm growing this in my room so its kinda big.

how much light do I waste with a 600 watt in 2 x 6? should I do a 2 x 4 instead?

8. is this your first grow?

and you say you are growing this in your room?
    in a tent? or just out in the open?

9. putting a room inside a room, the 2 x 4 is in the cabinet

10. looking at your journal, the mylar in that tent for the 600 watt and 3 autos. how easy is it to clean?