Basic Q about sex..thx!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gre123123, Jun 11, 2010.

1. hey every1 hope ur grow is going well! I am doing okay, plants still not huge, roughlt about six sets of branches so far, only about a foot tall or a little more but I think they are ok. I am not sure when plants start to show their sex. I know its the small calyx looking thing that grows where a branch meets the main stem, and thats where you look for the little nodes right? I do not think mine are near old enough but its looks like either 2 tiny leaves growing where new branches start or it might be a little sex organ... I am going out to the feild tom I will take pictures. But does ne 1 know how early they can show signs?
    Also, one of my plants the VERY VERY tip top of it literally got "snappe" but was still attached, but only by a little. I went ahead and cut it clean off, and it was only the top pair of leaves and then one more set of leaves, but there are still 4 sets of leaves on it, and the majority of the plant is fine, only the very top is off. I will take a pic tomorrow but I think the reamaining branches will get photosynthesis from the leaves and continue to grow even without the very top. Anyone know about this?
    THx and goodluck everyone

going out tomorrow to "Worm's Way" to get more soil and the stuff Darrmann told me about called "GrowBig" from foxfarm nutes. and liquid fence!! thx darrmann

2. they should show ( if they do, not all of em do ) after about week 6.. look for em after the 7th-8th node is grown ..on the 5th-6th main lateral branching nodes.

the topped one may not Pre-flower.. not sure why this happens ..but it does.. I am sure it has something to do with how the Auxin's are distributed,but that's another discussion....