Basic Harvesting Breakdown - just making sure I have it right

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by synergy989, Jan 18, 2010.

1. I just want to make sure I have the process down pat as I will be harvesting in a 5-10 days.

Chop the bad boy down and cut the main stems of for hanging

Trim all of the fan leaves (the big ones) and most of the leave on the bud

Hang the bud by the big stems to let dry for 5-10 days (until the stems break not bend).

Trim the buds off the main stem best I can and clean up the rest of the leaves

Cure in Jars opening twice a day to let air out for the first two weeks than once a week after that.

Does this seem right? The one thing I am lost on do I trim ALL the leaves I can, even the little ones near the top of the bud?

Thanks,
    Syn

2. #2 gacland, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
    Sounds like you got it, I prefer taking the big fan leaves off before I drop it, just for ease. I guess there could be a reason to leave them on longer, not sure if they utilize the energy in the leaves at that point or not. I left anything that had crystal on it, when it dries, I will trim off any bits of leaf that aren't crystalled, just save all your trimmings for hash.

The rest of it is how I'm doing mine right now, been hangin' since Saturday.

3. so I am supposed to leave the little leaves near the top of the bud that have crystals on them? and trim the parts that don't?

Getting exciting - can't wait to chop her down. Name of the game is patience right now!

4. It basically depends on you. If you are going to sell it, you may want to trim the leaves tight to the buds, if it is only for your own enjoyment and you don't mind a little hit of leaf then leave it.

When I trimmed my sun leaves off I put the ones with no vivsible crystal in one bag and anything with visible crystal in another. Actully made a few boo-boos and clipped a bud or two also, which I put in with thr crystal leaf, this bag I hung behind my fireplace in a bag and dried it a bit and have been vaping it. It still is a lil green, but it taste so good and very stoney too.

However you trim 'em, save your trimmings, you can use them for so much other fun stuff.

5. beauty, thanks guys.

I am chopping her down today so the fun begins. Between pictures, bud i've smoked, my knowledge, and yours I think I have a cool grasp on how she's done.

Happy growing!
    Syn

6. You better put some harvest pics up :)