basic design of my grow room...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CervezA, Oct 13, 2003.

1. yep, finished the basic design of my growroom. Still waiting on my 400watt hps to come, so for now i'm just usin a 75W hps by itself. This is the basic setup of what I'm gonna have. The backdrop is foil for now (yuck! i know, it creates hotspots, yadda yadda yadda) but it's only temporary until i get my mylar. I'll have my 400 mounted in a similar way, except on the other side of the closet :) Let me know what you think (asside from the foil :D )

Attached Files:

2. an above shot from the inside.

Attached Files:

3. I that bulb horizintaly or verticaly mounted? it should be horizontaly mounted.

4. mm its vertically mounted inside that lamp. but i have problem now =\ the light will go on for about 5 minutes, then decide to power off and fade back up to its normal brightness.... is the light completely messed up? or is there something I can do to fix it?

5. I dont have much experience with HPS lights. I do know however that you should mount htat light horizontaly because it will light the plants better. HPS have a dead spot at the ends.

6. eh, it's just a temporary light anyways, just waitin for my 400 to come in the mail

7. 400 watters goign to be cramped and damn hot in that lil box i would think about making it a closet grow not a box....

8. as long as you have a fan sucking out that has its intake above the lights evevation you should be fine. if temps do become a problem build a "bake A round" cool tube. just dont use the air hose as a reflector like in the FAQ. There are buch better reflectors and it can make a big diffrence in how much light gets to your plants.

9. that is a whole closet :)

10. how large is the box? looks like about 4 sq/ft so your goingt obe pumping about 100 w/foot2 . Thats a bit high watage per foot for soil even with co2 enrichmet, but you will still get the best yeild per square foot. if you put 3-4 bullbers in there and grow SOG with co2 and a cool tube sucing from out of the room it would be once nice performing small setup.

11. it's about 4ft wide by 2ft deep by 4 ft tall.

12. ok that 400 is perfect size. good work! Has the light arrived?

13. yep, just came in yesterday (friday). one problem though.. there's a LOT more wires coming from the ballast than any of the tutorials show... i'm doin my best, hopefully i'll have it workin by monday. other good news, my mylar just came in today.. i'm puttin it up right now :)

14. i imagine that if your looking at alot of wires you probably bought a street light... and if the bulb might be acting wierrd if it has a light sensor (the sensor that turns on the light at night) can fuck around sometimes...

:)

15. yahhh they were just the different sets of power cords (120V, 240V, etc.). Got everything up and running!! I've heard you should keep the soil very moist while the seedlings are trying to nest in... that true? with that 400 goin, that soil dries out like craaaazy! welp, thats it for now.

16. yes, damp. but not soaking wet... glad to hear your light is working good:D

17. seedlings dont do well under heavy lighting. buy some daylight compact floros (2 should do it for the first 2 weeks or so) or buy some tube floros and fixtures with "cool" bulbs.