Basement growbox has low temps

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by trchd1, Feb 3, 2011.

1. his little ones arent old enough to even smell like anything at all, but yes, once they start to flower it will be a must for the stink fans be on 24/7. He's got a month or more to go yet;)!

Grower, when you find out what ur humidity is, u probably wont need any extra humidity in there, you really want the humidity in the range 40-60% any more than that, the plant wont sweat, her pores will close above 60% humidity:smoke: !

2. if the little ones are growing, they probably dont need the humidity tops anyway, just tease them and introduce them to the air, then you should be ok by tomorrow so to speak

3. Can I ask you one more question?

I currently have my 4 ft flouresent on top of my babies now. With my MH set at the very top of the growbox for heat mainly since the flouresent is currently in the way. I guess some side sun gets in because it's entirely covered with Mylar.

How long should I keep my flouresents on them until I remove the flouresent and go with nothing but MH light ?? :confused: I'm running a hydrofarm AC reflector so I can get fairly close without feeling any heat from the reflector.

Thanks again!

4. Just one more time before the Superbowl

5. Those tempuratures are actually pretty good; I had to fight to get my growbox to maintain that at first :p

You want 68-78 degrees with lights on, and 10-15 degress less than that with light off, which means you're sitting at "ideal" tempuratures already.

6. It doesn't sound like you have a problem at all. Those are good temps for lights off and lights on. If the temps get below 60 with the lights off, then you need to think about heat. I wouldn't make the intake smaller or it will bring up your lights on temps, and when you add more lights for flowering it will become a problem. IF temps get under 60, I would just put a little heater fan near the intake, on the lowest setting, and attach it to a timer. Set it to come on 15 min on, 15 min off during the lights off cycle. monitor your temps. Or you could get a green incandecent light to put in your box. Or you could put a heating pad (on LOW) under your pots, with a layer of cloth inbetwwen the pad and pot, since it's the roots that need the warmth more than the green.

7. Thanks Guys!!

8. This looks like a fire waiting to happen, but I have never used one ;) if you happen to buy one let us know how it is

9. First time grower, and first time poster here. Just wanted to say thanks, I have been worried about the temps in my basement grow being to low, but points were taken. I just hope it don't snow anymore.

10. What is the safest humidity on the high side during flowering?? I know you said 40% but can it be any higher without molding or whatever??

11. WARNING: Do not use these in your grow area!!! I attempted to use one recently due to dropping temperatures and it wilted my plant in less than 24hrs.

Not sure if damage is permanent yet, but it made all the lower fan leaves just drop and go all flat n droopy.

And they get really hot, I put it down for 2 seconds after I removed it and the edge touched and melted the carpet.

12. And they probably cost allot of power...

Like others said, your temps are actually fine. If anything because they are small a warming mat to keep the root temp up and a humidity dome would solve all your issues, would be power friendly and not risk fire or harm to your plants. When germinating I always do it in small cups and use a humidity dome because I do no heat the room otherwise (under the house, pretty close to outdoor temps). I put a warming mat under the dome. I can improve temps in the dome from 5 to 20 degrees depending if/how I insulate under the mat.