Basement Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UndegroundMan, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Hello everyone. Not particularly posting for any reason except to introduce myself. This is my "first time growing", but more like my first time by myself and its been a long time since I last grew. About 14 years ago I had a dispensary in CA, and I helped take care of 100's of plants, but like I said, this is my first time by myself, and not just being some guy people told what to do. Now i have to figure out what I did wrong all the time.

I recently moved to Maine and a friend of mine showed up at my place with 6 assorted clones. Took me 3 days to get a tent set up and I didn't expect them all to survive, but they did. 2 of them didn't seem to be keeping up so I put them in a separate tent to flower already. Currently at 33 days since I transplanted from Solo Cups, and 3 days flower for the separate tent.

Using a Pheno 440 and I am using Happy Frog soil with Mills nutrients in a 5x5 tent. I have 4 plants in there in veg, and I have just taken some clones because I want to get a mother out of this. Kinda a pain taking care of 6 different strains. I also have a 2x4 tent that the 2 runts are in flowering already since I didn't think they were worth seeing through. It has some blurpie light in it. Says Sunraise on it? IDK never heard of it, but checking PPFD it is pretty strong directly underneath, like 1,200 -1,500 but it peters out fast and that is pretty close to it like 6". I think it's really for a 2x2 maybe but its working so far.

I'm also popping a seed to go with the clones in the next round. I found it in some shake at the end of a jar. IDK where the bud came from. I just moved up from Texas to Maine and used one jar the whole time. I got stuff in TX, NY, MA and ME on the way up, so it could have come from anywhere. Very curious to see if it will grow and what it might be.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. welcome to GC

• Like Like x 1
  3. last time i grew out a bagseed it was a big let down it turned male 1 week into flower lol but the time before that i had a nice plant so its a gamble dont waste a lot of energy on the jar seed hopefully it will be nice

4. Yea, it will just be a part of the next cycle. No big deal. Who knows if it will even sprout.

5. Welcome, brother, and best of luck!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice largie! just broke a rod on a big pike earlier this week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 caljian, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    That one is actually a spotted bass, but we get our share of largemouths as well. My son and I fished a private lake on Wednesday this week and took 16 largemouths anywhere from 1 pound to the biggest at 3 pounds, 3 ounces. Then again........private lake LOL! We also fish the San Joaquin River, which runs about 4 miles north of my house. Sad to see spotted bass taking over there. Kind of bittersweet. While it's a BLAST catching spotties, they don't get nearly as big as largies. My son caught a 3 pound, 6 ounce spotted bass last month, which is considered HUGE!!
    I'd sure like a shot at pikes one day, though!! Good fishing and best of luck with the grow!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Small update. Making some progress across the board. The 4x4 tent is now at the end of week 1 flower. The 2x4 with the purple light is in just starting week 4. My Autoflower and Bag seed seedlings are coming along. It looks like most of my clones are not taking root, but some seems to be putting out new leaves, so hopefully we get some success. It's been 3 weeks since they were cut. I put some in a glass but they died. I don't think I did a good job cutting them. Will try again. Overall ok. Not super happy with the bud development in the 2x4, but as far as I know it is under 200W. We will see how it goes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1