Basement grow ventilation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ndean02, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Hello!

I am a new grower currently have set up a 10x10 room in basement. Had an experienced helper but he fell through at the last stages. Struggling with ventilation. He had us set up an outtake and active intake through a window in the room (smell and stealth are not an issue as I'm a medical card holder in a legal medical state). Anywho, we have outtake through a carbon filter using a 6" inline fan. We plan to run lights on at night so i know that's when that fan will run (it is connected to a Titan controller). Here is where I get lost on the intake. 1) ideally would intake run all the time? Or only when the outtake is on at night with the lightS? And 2) because I live in Michigan. And it's cold. Active intake from outside seems like it will make my room freezing. If it's only on when the lights are on then maybe it balances out? But I'm not sure. Someone suggested moving the intake hole to an internal wall and pulling more temperature controlled air in from inside the house. But will this create any weird suction issues? I know the debate between active/passive or any intake at all is a pretty big one. So I've had a hard time finding basic info on my own about this process. If I could at least understand when the intake is supposed to be on that would help.

2. Btw for active intake we currently have a 6" inline fan blowing in through a mushroom filter from outside

3. I don't see the problem with running an intake from inside your house. Currently I'm running 2 400+ cfm inline fans inside my bedroom (closet and tent) and yes it draws a small very unnoticeable suction in my small house. But one thing positive I've found it does is clean the air in my house from smoking my meds. It's really nice that I can smoke in my room and in about 20 30 mins the room is clean and smell free. I even hang my harvest in my room and the smell stays there only because by the time it reaches outside it passes through the carbon scrubber. And like you were saying you can control the air year round going inside your growromm for a consist environment. I've got some videos and pics up of my setup.. Take a look if you have time. Here's a link..
    Mcjrs Agent Orange Grow

Also run fan 24 7.. Maybe adjust speed from night to day if that's what you gotta do to keep temps in range.