BAS (Buildasoil.com) user group

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Franklins Tower, Mar 21, 2015.

1. try looking in here -
    http://forum.grasscity.com/unknown/1277064-sourcin...
    J

2. What would be a few goodies to add into some living soul without going overboard

3. Powdered malted barley, neem cake meal, and definitely Kelp meal. I'm fairly certain some others will chime in soon.... [​IMG]

4. ^^^ That and I add alfalfa teas. For malted barley, you can get it at around $1.50 a pound for 2row from a local brew store, I get it at $0.90 a lb when I buy a 50 lb bag, but I use it mainly for brewing.

5. #305 deltascout, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    I normally do a kelp meal/molasses tea.. I have some kelp meal in a batch I made using in the gardens recipe.

6. I was wondering guys if I'm using the CC kit and the craft blend kit would I need to top dress the CC kit b4 I go into flower? The craft blend kit was top dressed in about 2 weeks ago. I have another batch of soil mixed up of the CC kit and one wit CC and craft blend mixed is it ok to jus top dress wit either soil? And also what is the best thing to boost my soil for the nutes I already brew acts but lookin into barley and some seed teas which SSTs would u guys use for veg and then for flower? How many times would I feed in flower?

7. Mine get an SST once every 2 weeks.

8. What kind of SST tho I'm new to growing and to the organics so I'm a lil slow wit the lingo and what I actually need lol sry

9. Im looking to order their Living Soil Modern Mix today. I already have a bunch of Amendments/compost/ewc/lava rock but thought my first organic run Ill pay little extra to get a solid harvest.

Any opinions on their new "Modern Mix," ingredient list looks better than the "old" one.

10. Jus picked up some Tm-7 and I'm using #7 smart pots each plant is 50+days old. I see it says to use 1/4tp per gal. Now do I spread that gal between all 4 on my plants? Here they r today. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449004274.540937.jpg

11. Water as normal. Just add the correct amount to each gallon.

12. I am excited for my order to come, the guy I talked to there wouldve been happy to help me with whatever I wanted. I was impressed with his professionalism. Only problem is it took them 9 days (2weekend days) to tell me there was an issue with my order. Shipped the next day which was nice, if I wouldve gotten contacted earlier then include their products and professionalism it wouldve been 5/5. Awesome range of products.

13. I just placed an order with BAS and received a coupon code after checkout. It says it's only good for first time customers and you get 5% off. Thought I would post it in case anyone is interested. http://r.sloyalty.com/r/uDblBr0L15eK (I realize the link seems sketchy since it doesn't say buildasoil.com in the URL, but it does redirect you there).

14. Well I'm sorry to say but after testing with three different plants and 3 different strains I would caution everyone that the BAS build-a-flower top dress kit CAN and MAY burn your plants.
    I'm not saying anything negative. I love their stuff. Soil is top notch. I would just caution you guys to use it sparingly. And only if needed. New soil from BAS won't require it at all. In fact it may cause too much of a nutrient surplus resulting in some imbalance or burning. Use if needed and use sparingly if so. Cheers boys.

15. I have not had that problem. I've piled on the BAS topdress without any problems

16. Good glad to hear it.

17. BAS shippng costs is near rape! the shipping is going to be more than what i actually ordered..not happy with that..

18. Hey fellas. Can anyone tell me at what ratio they mix/use the coconut powder? I know many people use it at 15:1 (one cup per gallon) but the BAS site suggests a much lower ratio.

Have you shipped anything lately? Those are standard shipping costs nowadays unfortunately. The big companies that give you free shipping/lower costs either inflate the price of the item so it *seems* to have free shipping, or ship SO much that they get cheaper rates with their commercial account.

19. i did all my xmas shopping online..maybe 400 worth total..shipping was maybe 80 bucks over several different vendors..
    hell i ordered my seeds from overseas..about 110 bucks worth..shipping was 19 bucks with insurance in case i didnt recieve them..

but i do understand its based on weight and those bags are heavy..so i guess it makes sense..still not happy about it lol..