Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bartering with medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Vicarious87, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Ok im a licensed california cannabis patient. Im on craigslist and see some dude in the bartering section, willing to trade dank nugs for stuff like dirtbikes and skidoos ro anything he likes.

What are the california laws on patients exchanging medication? or exchange for goods/services?

What are the chances this is a cop? if a cop why try to bust LICENSED patients?

the guy says you must be valid and registered medically in cali before any talks.

Any input blades?

2. anyone out there! *echoes*

3. I have no idea but if you want some input it sounds alright to me :)

4. I have a AZ MMJ card and a CA MMJ Rec. From what I understand in both states every one involved is legal to buy, sell and trade among themselves as long as everyone involved has a Rec. But no party may make a profit.

That profit part gets people in trouble but other then that I don't see a problem trading besides you will get screwed. Why would you trade a dirt bike for some nugs? That is the part that sounds fishy to me.

5. That's incorrect, at least in AZ. To obtain MMJ in AZ it HAS to be a donation. You cannot buy, sell, or trade for any marijuana, that would be illegal. Even if the other person is a patient or care giver, it must be a donation.

I wouldn't do it.

6. Actually in both Ca and AZ they call it a donation. But in AZ as they open the Disp that they are issue lic for this month they will be able to Sell the MMJ. They will nto be able to Sell it for a Profit. Must be a Non Profit.

If it was all donation like it is right now they would not be ale to list their prices.

7. Although the prices are listed, its not the bud youre paying for. Which is why its a donation. You are paying for their service and/or consultation.

8. You can call it what ever you want but if they ever go to court and it is shown that they were given money in exchange for medicine they will call that buying. The main thing is they must remain a Non Profit. So they are allowed to sell the product as long as they do not make a profit. You can even work in exchange for your medication in a Co-op.

To the OP I still would be leery of doing a trade unless you are getting the better end of the deal. You are trading something you paid for and could legally sell on the open market and the other guy is trading something that grows and has a minimal cost (doesn't cost that much to grow). So you should make sure that you get the better deal.

9. you must not know of anything to do with mmj in az. unsubscribing so your useless answers stop flooding my email

10. You are right I am wrong. Feel better?

Beings the OP did not ask about Co-ops or Disp and did not ask about AZ law you arguing and showing how much you know then I do is not needed. It won't hurt my feelings if you unsubscribe. And it is a simple matter to look it up, you should try it sometime. Then again the only person you are limiting is yourself.

11. It's perfectly legal as long as you both have recommendations.

12. No it's fine but make sure he has his original doc rec . Too .....

Why is it illegal to make money ?

13. Ok so from what im gathering its cool. Im not trading a dirtbike for nugs, lol the GUY is wanting some skidoos or a dirt bike in trade for like a LB of some industrial grade medicinal weed (mid-high) here in CALIFORNIA. I dont think I will be doing business like this on craigslist anytime soon, but I also see posts of growers who are trading their clones or seeds for items of value, but not buying, its bartering lol.

thanks guys for the input, much appreciated. Hope I helped anyone else clear up that situation or question.

14. [quote name='Why is it illegal to make money ?[/QUOTE']

Cause the State is ran by Liberals? JK, sorta, anyway I have no idea but in AZ all the Disp have to be Non Profit. That doesn't mean that employees and owner are not making money just that after all the bills are paid including the owners Salary there should not be a profit. There can even be left over money but it still has to be ran like a church or any other Non Profit.

What I really think is that it is the only way to make Big Pharm happy. They are the big money against MMJ. If you can get MMJ why would you buy meds they sell for too much money.

15. So did it work out? I’m trying to get a quad for croptober lol

16. Lmao thowback status. This is 6 year old

• Like Like x 1
  17. I know a licensed grower that trades not sure if it’s legal but he never gets cash for the product

18. Yea I actually typed the question into google and it took me right back here so I figured someone on here knows something about it lol