Barry White

Discussion in 'General' started by InferiorWang, Jul 5, 2003.

1. He just died of kidney failure. RIP Barry.

2. Oh my God. That sucks.

Here's the full article.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Soul singer Barry White, known for his rich bass vocals, died on Friday in a Los Angeles hospital at the age of 58, his manager Ned Shankman said.

Shankman told reporters White, a two-time Grammy winner, died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles where he had been battling kidney failure brought on by high blood pressure. He suffered a stroke May.

Born in Galveston, Texas, White had been hoping to regain enough strength to undergo a kidney transplant, his daughter Shaheara White said in May.

With smoky ballads like "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" and "You're the First, The Last, My Everything," White provided the soundtrack to countless candlelight dinners and late-night trysts.

He also found success as a composer, a conductor of instrumental recordings and as the producer of the female vocal trio Love Unlimited.

"The Doctor of Love" achieved pop icon status as a romantic mentor in the hit TV series "Ally McBeal (news - Y! TV)" and on the animated TV series "The Simpsons (news - Y! TV)."

White won two Grammys (news - web sites) in 2000 for best male and traditional R&B vocal performance for the song "Staying Power."

3. Yeah, I found out last night also, RIP, Barry

4. NO!.......NOOOOO!

Barry was the man, and too damn talented and too young to die. Thats fuckin bullshit he had to go like that.

RIP BARRY,
    I cant count how many times I made love to my ex girlfriend with your music playin. Sad to ya go

5. DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ITTTTTTTTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG FUCKING OMG HE JUST SO MANY BRO;S LAID

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SMOKE UP FOR THIS BADASS MAN!

Grasscity Deals Near You