Barneys LSD... mg deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DrummerMark, Mar 21, 2012.

1. 600 watt veg right now.. perfect temps, 75 degrees 50% humidity. 6.7 ph. Plant is stunted and odd growth. Wierd colors, maybe? Last pic is my other LSD, you can see big difference in the 2

ForumRunner_20120320_200908.png

ForumRunner_20120320_200849.png

ForumRunner_20120320_200849.png

ForumRunner_20120320_200830.png

magnesium deficiency?

2. Correction... 1st pic is the normal LSD

3. please answer these questions:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil? Be specific.
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

-OSUB

4. Plant is 3 weeks from sprout. FFOF indoor grow in a6*6*6 room. Running 600 watt mh. 75 degrees in 50 % humidity. This is in a 1 gallon pot. No nutes or ferts

5. What day are you on?

I currently have a Barneys LSD at day 32, it's a mutant 3 leaf that corrected itself by week 4. It's the smallest of my current girls at about 1 foot but it's doing great. I keep soil at a much lower pH around 6.3 so that may be an issue in a nute being locked out.

Without knowing soil or nutes I can't say much more.

6. Soil and nutes above... I'm on day 23. Using fox farm ocean forrest soil and no nutes at this time. ph runoff is 6.2

7. OK. Same soil as me. You need to either transplant into a new pot with new FFOF or start giving nutes. I only had my girls in a quart pot for 16 days in FFOF and they were near root bound at transplant time. I'll throw up a pic of my LSD for the hell of it.

8. Your runoff reading is perfect. Is the water the 6.7 pH going in or your actual soil pH?

9. Look up at the pics... The mother looks great... Nice and green but this one is crazy

10. The ph into soil is 6.5 to 6.7... Runoff 6.2-6.3... I just fed today.. hoping for a change

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This LSD seed wouldn't crack, had to manually crack it. Was a mutant 3 leaf mutant in it's early days.

These are 4 gallon pots. I transplanted from 1 quart to these day 16 I believe. I have not fed either but the new FFOF soil in the 4 gals is why. I just posted a problem thread to see if I need to fed yet, I'm pretty sure I do and you might as well.

12. 6.5 is the highest you want to be at for most Barney strains, at least the ones my friend has done which is quite a few. The LSD and Liberty Haze are my first Barneys. My runoff is 6.2 as well, I did raise the water pH going in to 6.8 because the runoff was 6.0. Soil is at 6.4.

Hopefully the fed helps.

13. Thanks Fresh, ill keep you updated. My mother is great, ill shoot you a couple of photos.. she's scrogged under 600w

14. your soil is too acidic.

adding about 1/8 cup of powdered dolomitic lime to the outer ring of your pot should do the trick....just sprinkle it evenly around.

50 pounds of dolomitic lime costs $6.00 at your local home depot. its great for the lawn!!! and totally 100% organic!!!

-OSUB

15. #16 Pastivity, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    The indica dominant lsd I have noticed like a light feeding for its first few weeks after it gets established
    Then she just starts to eat everything you give her like a champ

I have also had to help the seeds along by cracking open the shell and even removing that film that its wrapped in the inside to help it begin life right
    But in the end she works herself out

16. thanks past that's exactly what I did hopefully I'll see a change soon