Barney's Farm LSD Grow [CFL]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ViiRuS, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Hi I'd like to share my grow log with you guys and get a little help on the way.

Seeds : Barney's Farm LSD

Lights : 250w CFL

Nutes : N/A

Temps : 70 - 83

Light cycle : 24/0 (switching to 20/4 soon once nutes started)

I'm already 7 days in, I had a fungus gnat problem which led me to an emergency repot of my seedling, the stem wasn't too happy about it but I used some garden sticks to hold it in place.

Does anyone know from my pics how long until I should start nutrients? I have some root growth I plan to use, other than that I'm not gonna touch nutes til flowering.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. #2 Erb1, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    i use Pro mix for soil and they will go 3to4 weeks with no Nutrients . except i do use Supermax B1 about every 3 times i water helps to grow roots and works good on Clones also .
    here are 2 pics one with HPS on and one with it off of the same colas on my LSD plant about 4 weeks from the end ---Erb

Attached Files:

3. Nice, looking good are they topped or LST'ed?

4. as they went through 8 plus weeks of Veg i took 5 to 6 clones from each plant 2 times to get them bushy and keep the height down . when they reached 18 to23 inches i put in Flower room under 400 watt HPS . i used CFL's to veg until last 2 weeks before flowering i put in a 250 MPH bulb ---Erb

5. Looking good so far. I have LSD in veg right now to. It's a great strain to take away pain.

6. Can anyone suggest when to start LST?

7. You can at anytime.

8. Im about 3 weeks into flowering with my LSD, shes a beast and an amazing stain..GOODLUCK!

9. Update, the first set of leafs have gone slightly yellow? I think perhaps underwatering/overwatering, my temps have not exceeded 95 so I don't think it's heat but I moved it a little further from the light anyway.

How is she looking?

[​IMG]

10. you said temp "never went above 95degrees" , way to hot shouldn't go above 75F , the first leaves do this and will fall off . the first 2 leaves are there to burst the shell of the seed .do you have a fan on your plant? helps make them strong -- Erb

11. #11 ViiRuS, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
    Sorry buddy, I actually was talking about the 1st set of real leafs, also, I stated my temps never went above 95 because I saw that this could be the reason for the yellowing of the leafs. My temps actually go to about 83 maximum, I also have a fan blowing directly onto the plant.

12. looking good, what soil you using?

you making sure you soak the soil, and then you are letting it dry out?

24/7 is very stressful, that could be the yellowing issue. 90f is too hot. we dont want to go above 85f, cannabis is not a c4 plant, its a c3 plant, it likes moderate temps.

i like to lst just before the stretch, so i dont have to do it multiple times, but its really up to you. just make sure you tie it down by its neck. i go right under the top or second from top node.

13. It could be the stress, I'd like to show you guys what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

From what you guys have told me, I've increased my fan speed, and lowered my plant from the light. I think it might be stressed like the user I'm quoting said, so what I'm asking you guys is, if I drop to 18/6 it's not going to trigger flowering is it?

As for the watering yeah I soak it and let it go bone dry, then soak again

14. so..you didnt answer my question. is that mircale gro organic?

18/6 will not trigger flowering, but it might help the plant obtain nutrients better with some rest.

for cfls, i like to put them 6" away. make sure the fan is pointed at the light.

you dont want the plant too big, becuase cfls light doesnt penetrate a lot. if i were you, i would flip to 12/12 in a week or so.

15. No, it's not miracle grow it's just some organic soil I bought with no added nutrients or what not.

I also have only one large CFL 250w on it's blue spectrum.

16. [​IMG]

Looking better than before, not drooping, however I'm sure you can see those yellow leafs at the bottom, the 2nd set, I'm pretty sure they are just dead, can I remove them or is it best to just leave them?

I'm also introducing it to a less stressful 18/6

17. #17 b.real, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    colors looking really good now. i would leave them. the plant uses them as food becuase it looks like the roots arent working how they should.

when are you gonna flower? i would suggest soon, fluros light isnt good at penetrating. then again 250 watts is a hell of a lot of light for a single plant.

btw i looked on seedfinder for you, and lsd is mazar which is afghani indica x skunk #1, which is cheese

18. Hmm, well I plan to LST for a while so my vegging might be extended, also, I might switch from the huge CFL I'm using now, to a 400w HPS which I have during flowering, I'd have to upgrade extraction quite a lot. I'll checkout my progress but probably in a few weeks.

19. ahh ok. that pot you have will last for a couple more weeks then. itll be easier to pull her out if you let the roots take over. should be a good run :)

personally i would never veg more than 3-4 weeks. i get preflowers that quickly since my conditions are now good

20. Do you do any type of stress training? A user above posted I could LST this plant at any time, but I wanted to wait for 3 sets of leafs, would you recommend I start now?