Barney's Farm LSD 125w CFL Organic *Pics*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ganjaninja, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Hello grasscity. I am starting my grow journal. This will include pictures and perhaps some videos if I have the time. I hope to update several times a week or whenever possible. I plan to grow until the end of May and then flower for 9 weeks, this will conveniently co inside with my holiday so it will be ready 4 weeks after I get back. While I'm away (end of June) during the 2 weeks my brother will take over my grow and there will be no updates.:eek:

Enough of that, I'm sure you are egar to hear the specs.

1 Barney's Farm LSD feminised seed
    7.5 Litre container
    Asda's Multipurpose Compost (it's really the best)
    Cavemans fresh bat guano for veg (7-1-1)
    Cavemans rock guano for flowering (1-1-5) (i think)
    1 125w CFL blue (veg)
    1 125w CFL red (flowering)
    Secret Jardin's DR40 grow tent
    2 x60mm 5v intake fans
    1 x12v exaust fan

Ok so there we are. The lighting will be on 18/6 for the vegging period and down to 12/12 for flowering.

The story so far...

31/3/2009 - The seed was planted in a organic grow sponge and placed in a heated propagator.

4/4/2009 - Seymour (as my plant is called [household tradition]) sprouted in the morning, looking lovely.

6/4/2009 - I have planted Seymour into the container with a generous layer of clay pebbles at the bottom for good drainage. Added the bat guano to the soil mix and placed her into the tent under lighting.

7/4/2009 - Got back from a busy day working and what not, Seymour has taken well to the new lighting and has sprouted her set of proper leaves (single bladed).

And thats all for now.

I know I have promised pictures, alas my camera is out of batteries, I shall post tomorrow morning (GMT), unless I decided to stay up a bit longer and allow for some charging time.:D

Please make yourself known, give your 2 cents or just sit back and watch.

2. Good morning Grasscity.:)

As promised....pictures.
    [​IMG]
    Seymour [8/4/2009]

[​IMG]
    Looking tiny compared to the plant pot

[​IMG]
    Intake vents (2 passive, 1 active)

[​IMG]
    Reflector shot

[​IMG]
    Exhaust fan (aluminum tape wrapped bottle and 12cm pc fan

Ok there we go, not much to update on otherwise.:wave:

3. Ok, I could do with a few tips on low stress training. First of all, how big should she be before I start? Has anyone used bonsai wire?

4. I would wait until she has atleast 3-4 nodes before you start to tie her down. I haven't used bonsai wire before, just string. Im sure it would work though.

As far as you room, what are your temps and humidity at? also how close do you have your light? Looks great other wise. :hello:

5. #5 ganjaninja, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    Well temps r good, the place where it is has venting through the chimney so it stays cool.:D stays around 26'c. Light has been moved closer, about 10inches. Humidity is fine, not got a gauge but its pretty dry in there.

6. Sounds good man. I will be keeping an eye on this. Good Luck.:smoking:

7. Yo dude, I wish you luck and I can't wait to see her growing. I didn't train my LSD's last time around. I have one clone which Im going to top and Lst when she gets a little bigger. Take a look at my Red dragons that I topped and lst'd. It was the first time I had tried topping or Lst'ing so I thought I'd do it all.

I let my Red dragons get a nice strong thick stem before I lst'd them and thats what Im going to do with my LSD clone, but im no pro.

Im going to be hanging around in here.

8. IMO it is better to start before the stems start getting tough and hard. Allows for easier manipulation without wondering if you are on the verge of snapping the tissue. I like to pull it over and cover the pot with a straight line. Like a spider's legs. Then top it and allow the 10-20 arms to continue the vertical growth.

Soon you have a fucking monster with a main stem the size of a quarter or more. Guaranteed 4-8 oz's this way.

9. Nice set Man!!!!!! Yah got me watching close as I recently have ordered some LSD from barneys aswell!!!!!! Looks good so far , cant wait till your box explodes with the greenery. Good Luck dude!!!!!!

10. Cheers for the support guys. Will get some pictures up at the beginning of next week, I'll try and put a few op of my LSD I have outdoors as well. Happy Easter:smoking:

11. WOW, outdoors in the UK, I have not tried that for a good few years. Can't wait to see em, happy easter!

12. Hi everyone. (Thanks for the support to all, especially to Usual_Suspects).
    Sorry my updates are slow, hope to be more regular in a few weeks.

Ok I lest it with my brother over the weekend, it still looked like the previous photos on Friday. Anyway growth has sky rocketed, check it out.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will try to get an outdoor pic up by Friday.

Anyway that's How for now, I gonna go roll a joint:smoking:

13. Looking Good!!!

14. That is so groovy! I remember when mine looked like that, now ive got no seeds or seedlings left.

Im going to start LST'ing my LSD clone tomorrow! She has really come on now I'll try to get a picture or two up. I hope to clone her again but time is running out fast on my own project. I still have some Red dragons vegging and some Red dragon clones but this is the last of my LSD.

I have some here curing, it stinks! I had some white widow here today and some blueberry but so far nothing stinks like my LSD. You are in for a treat dude, I'll have some ready to smoke next week, can't wait.

15. That sounds awesome. It's a shame you've no seeds. Pick n Mix seeds sell them (though they run out quick).
    How stinky does it get? I'm just starting to think about the 1 I have outside...:confused:

16. I don't think they are to smelly during flower, just as bad as some of the other strains. It is this stuff curing that stinks the most, I run a carbon filter in my flowering tent so it only stinks when you go in with them.

I have just LST'd my first LSD and transplanted her, not taking pictures yet as she still looks fed up and a little droopy.

17. Usual.., I noticed you use 600w HPS for your flowering. What is the a) leccy bills like? and b) temps like?
    Has the old gal perked up a bit yet or still feeling sorry for herself?

18. Take a look at my LSD thread, I did the final update. My LST'd clone is looking fantastic.

Temps are fine with my HPS but wasn't before I added the fresh air in through a 6 inch inline fan. Also have a carbon filter to deal with the smell through an 8inch inline fan which takes the hot air away. Temps are stable all through the year except winter when the fresh air in is to cold and temps drop to under 60f when the HPS goes off.

My electric bill is already stupid here so I don't notice the diff, maybe a quid a day. I run muiltiple gaming pc's which use more. That is the reason I didn't go with 1000w HPs because I already use lots of power and only have a few amps spare.

Good luck dude and keep us updated. Im getting some new beans so Im going to do a new multi-strain journal, back in the journal section! After that, Im packing up.

19. Hello everybody. Sorry that there hasn't been an update in what seems like forever. So some very good news. Now, when we last seen seymour she was small, when I left on the friday she was still the same. So 1 week later growth has exploded. She was left in the capable hands of my brother.

I think that I might not lst her because I think it would be a shame to ruin such beauty. Lets have a look shall we.....

[​IMG]
    Looking bushy and branchy

[​IMG]
    Greeeeeeeen:hello:

[​IMG]
    And one for luck

So apparently bat poo works....:wave: