Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Barnes and Noble

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by EuropeanVW, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Well, the pizza shop I used to work at just closed, so I'm currently unemployeed. I'm considering applying at Barnes and Noble, seems like a chill environment, and the discount on books wouldn't be bad either. Anyways, just curious if any of you or your friends work there. Is it a good place to work? And most importantly, do they drug test? ;) Thanks guys.

2. lol...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt they'd drug test for a job at a bookstore. but yeah, I think it would be cool to work there, or maybe even the starbucks thats connected to it(at one of them in my area)

3. I don't know if they drug test or not, but I applied to that place like five times, and they never call me back.

4. B&N sucks...they are economy killers. evil.

and who goes to book stores anyhow...cheaper to order at amazon. they are going down and all those latte drinking dorks are back to starbux.

and anyplace that wants to test my pee can kiss my pimpled dogs ass.

5. I do. I go for the atmosphere, and to read books I like when I can't afford to buy them. You can't do that online.

6. I love going to bookstores. I really dig the used book stores, though. They're my favorite. You can find some great books in those little places.

7. got the same thing here in ATL. The barns and noble is like gigantic, and the starbucks is so tiny. Theres NO ONE in the huge B&N, and its always crowded out the door of starbucks on weekends...

8. what kind of books do you guys like to read

i like true crime mostly and also philosiphy and cook books as a change of pace. i recently read siddhartha by jerman hesse which i thought was outstanding

9. Harry Potter. Woo! :p

That lady has one fuck of an imagination. I bet she smokes while shes writing.

10. Back on track, anyone know about their drug testing policy?

11. I think you should just ask them. It worked for someone else on here who was applying for a job

12. Yeah, I guess that'd probably work. I'd feel a bit sketchy asking them though.

"Say, uh, you guys don't drug test...do ya?"

Hah. :)

13. Bookstores rule - Period. I worked at Borders for a short amount of time, and was never drug-tested.

14. I used to work at Barnes And Noble, in the music department, it was a pretty sweet job, got to listen to music all day. And no, never once did any mention of drug testing come up. So don't sweat it.

15. I like medieval fantasy so the Guinevere series is my personal favorite for Arthurian stories. Not an easy read, though, any of them.

...I don't really read books that much. When I do it's usually something absurdly big or embarassingly small (like "7 Ways To Look at a Dream"). I read so much crap on the internet that I barely have any [reading] energy left for books, but I wish I did. I need more culture... :p

-n2p2k