Bargain at poundland

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shez, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Picked these up just wandering at what point do I use the bloom and pk boost[​IMG]

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I use them, only at half strength tho

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. At what stage tho? Mines 9 weeks but small for 8 weeks 1st light was only 100w I running 2 now a unbranded 600w full spectrum and the 100w for the heat factor Its a cupboard grow..have foil wrap around box to reflect heat black bag tent home made and a foil blanket door ...really not been expensive just a little personal smoke

4. My light set up
    [​IMG]

I felt the light wasn't reaching lower leaves so topped her slightly one way on a 18hr cycle then other way bottom growth seems to have picked up more

[​IMG]

5. Also I was gonna flip her after one more 18/6 I've heard some say it's best to reduce light 1st and others say 12 off then 12/12 any advice on best method?

6. #8 Bravedave, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Aluminum foil is not suggested, btw. You say bargain, just wondered How much you paid.??

The guy who got me going actually gives his grow up to 5 days in the dark pre-flip. I am not suggesting that but I do go 24-36 hour. I have read in a couple articles (not posts) where this was suggested as a means to quicken flower start. My limited testing has bared this out.

7. are those t5s higher than your led lol. Way too far away! Bring em to like an inch, and to the side so they don't get in the way of your led.

Also just switch, 12 hours or 60hours, flowering will begin the same, just the longer you leave it the more you have to wait

8. 3 pound

9. I had them lower but the leaves were crisping a little so raised it up I will try lower it a little more thank you

10. Also post says at poundland everything's a pound

11. And what experience are you basing this on? My mentor who has been growing since before you were shitting yellow fell into his 5 day dark practice after it was suggested to him. He tested the theory with half his plants and the difference has had him doing it for close to a decade. He gets 4 harvests a year and feels that would not happen without this boost. I found little backup to it on forums and yes most the feedback is similar to yours. I only have one room and a cloning cabinet my mothers live in until they give birth so my own testing was not side by side. But twice in the last 4 years I have dropped one of those mothers on the main floor alongside those that were flipped three weeks earlier after at least a 36 hour dark period and checking the mother after 3 weeks it was certainly not as far along as those she was dropped next to. I've lost my picture evidence since, but will be happy to do it again. Like I said, since then I have found a couple articles that suggest the same. One was posted on here ...I will see if I can find it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ahhh like our dollar stores. ;) What is the qty. of those bottles... and again...dump the aluminum foil.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lol no exp! I'm on my first grow... I was thinking to do the same. Posted on this site, and more than 1 mod & old school member said this is a growers myth. This forum is all I have in the way of a mentor, so I just pick things up where I can...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ha! I got on a forum 3+ years ago and did the same and, yes, most felt it was a waste of time (literally). I would bet real money ;), that the naysayers have never done it. I can tell you for sure that it does not hurt...these are my current having the light just turned on after 36 hours. Happy girls...
    0809170700a_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looking very nice got a journel up?

16. No...been thinking about it though...

17. 200ml bottles and 75g natural rooting powder