bare with me!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by huntr, Aug 15, 2011.

1. so i lift weights! i have this feeling when i work out i lose a bit of memory sometimes and im slow, when i stop working out for a week or two, my brain feels fast, and learn stuff quickly!

can lifting weights make you slow or something?

or is it me? lol

thnks!

2. #2 philevans1992, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No...

3. #4 Sovereign Psyche, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    Fact: When you don't eat enough to compensate for your output of energy, your metabolism (BMR) slows down.

Theory: This includes decreasing of the sensing functions (vision, smell, taste, tactile sensation, hearing), decrease in electrical stimulus to the brain (resulting in depression episodes), and/or the muscles. The reason being, it simply doesn't have enough energy to account for everything, so it has to budget accordingly. It will put the energy into what you are pushing for the most. It will not take away fully from your sensing functions because that is included in your Basal Metabolic Rate. Those are your essential functions needed to survive. However, if you do begin starving (in the more complete sense of the word), your sensing functions will be decreased progressively until death.

Hypothesis: You are not eating enough to compensate for your new workout scheme. Because of this, your brain is sending the energy into your muscles rather than your brain, and you sense a decrease in awareness, probably in mood.

The week when you aren't working out, you recondition your brain to take the energy, because it doesn't have to use it for muscle movement and growth. So you sense an increase in awareness, probably mood, and likely a somewhat decrease in "energy" (although this can easily be overcome by the brains awareness).

Solution: Eat more.

4. ^ wonderful info, I appreciate it.