bare vertical lighting vs. horizontal with reflector

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by treason222, Jul 6, 2010.

1. treason 222 are u serious how did they get that big in two weeks??? what kind of light u using?

2. was there more supporting information other than a couple of opinions?

3. mmmmmkkkkkkkaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy LOL

4. Vertical is more efficient for sure with the stadium method, I'm going to do one soon..

5. #25 "ridge"racer, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    I can consistently pull 4lb's outa my two six's vert barebulb....

Reflectors or glass of any type is counter intuitive to growing and is only there to put money in the pockets of corporations who would capitalize on our ignorance..

The light shines bright for all... We get production from top to bottom, we dont do larfy bullshit nugs and I run low yield clone only cuts...

[​IMG]

Here is a ChemD cut that yielded 5oz on one plant around one 600w light, and I can fit 7, so do the math..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wow, that is impressive. So 7 plants around one vertical hanging 600w hps, 35z. That is impressive. Maybe I should experiment with this. Would be interesting to know what you could do with 1000w.Very interesting, thanks for the post bro. Always new things to consider.... :(

7. Comparatively, A 1k yields less... But ive seen 3lbs with a single 1k and 12 properly trained 2month vegged plants in 5 gallon pots... simple shit..

8. All HID lights make the same sphere shaped light zone..damm now i have to qualify that statment..flattened on the top and bottom/base..elongated with the long tube HPS lamps .. but still a basic sphere.. ANY reflected light is subject to the good old inverse square law ..distance traveled.. it's traveled twice as far and is a 1/4 as effective..so that said .. yes.. pendant hang aka stadium grow makes the most effective use of the light .. think of the lamp as a tiny sun .. you want all your plants at the earths distance out from it ..in a sphere.. your Scrogs.. should really be spheres of green ..

• Like Like x 1
  9. i"ve just hung my 400watt hps vertically,,in a grow tent 1.2x750x2m,,the heat with the reflector was not normal,,thats why i did it now the lamps 10in of the plants and my temps were i want it 80,,got 4 pot wilma so its hanging in the middle