Bare Minimum.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by La Chimney, Oct 2, 2011.

1. I'm interested in growing, but having a legit grow just isn't happening. I took 2 seeds, a bit dark but I think it's just ash, and stuck them in a red plastic cup with some soil from outside and a bit of water. I have it sitting in the sun. Will I get a smokable plant? I'm not looking for a dank plant, just something that will get me a good buzz for free. If what I'm doing will somehow get me a plant, are there any tips on how to harvest/grow to maturity? Thanks.:D

2. you in the southern hemisphere?
    i hope so...

3. No, and believe me I know how stupid I sound. If it fails, it fails, I'm just curious as to see how it turns out. It's of course inside so its fairly warm, I'd say around 70 degrees. Am I wasting my time by planting it?

4. inside? on a windowsill?
    you'll likely get nothing because theres too little light this time of year...

5. Lol yea, pretty much. I'll give it a few weeks and if nothing by then I'll scrap it.

6. Not much will happen, they will sprout, stretch, fall over and die.

A small effective CFL rig is pretty cheap man. And you don't absolutely need all the bells and whistles. Remember mary jane is a weed after all and can take quite a bit of abuse my friend.

7. Would you mind linking me a few posts on a cheap way to grow? Everything I've found so far is pretty intense, multiple plants or something that looks like it belongs on a space ship. Thanks

8. Did you germinate them? If you dident then they prob won't grow very well, or most likely at all

9. #9 Tonytony5944, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
  10. You planted your seeds before knowing what you are doing, and
    You want to invest and put forth the bare minimum, and
    You think you'll grow on a window sill through the winter...

That's three big steps towards fail.

Read up and understand what's needed before you do anything else. Check the stickies, troll through the beginners section, a lot of good info on GC for ya...

11. and by troll he means scan through and scan through again...

12. from how much effort you want to put in your best bet is to wait til next spring and GERMINATE then plant them outside. Hidden in a well lighted spot in your garden. And still them if you don't care for them you will not get much.

13. The seeds did sprout, and the plants are looking pretty good, a bit long from stretching towards the sun but still growing. It's still a bit early to sex it but from the looks of them they're female. Will be starting another grow soon, a legit one, proper lighting, nutes, soil, etc.