barack obama

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Hankrnot, May 16, 2008.

1. Did anyone see the video where Barack said "I think our marijuana laws need to be reexamined. I am not for legalization but decriminalization"?:D

2. yeah man good shit go watch the one where he talks about inhaling on youtube

i dont care about his obsession with change anymore
    hes got some fucking balls coming out of the gate taking a side on an issue of this magnitude.

hes going to lose all the old white people votes!!!

3. Lets All Vote For Obama

4. RON PAUL IS FOR COMPLETE LEGALIZATION!!!

do some research..
    he wants to take all non-violent weed offenders out of jail..
    an legalize it completely..
    obama is trash..
    he sucks..
    so much crap surrounding him..
    RON PAUL IS THE MAN TO VOTE FOR!!!:hello:

5. but if you also bothered to read up on OTHER things ron paul opposes/is for, you would probably reconsider your opinion.

6. ive done alot of research on him..
    if obama gets elected there is a good chance of a draft..
    if mccain gets elected there is without a doubt gonna be a draft..
    i aint fight no ones war man..
    ron paul is the only way..

7. there isnt going to be a draft man.... not in this day and age

8. and what brilliant piece of scholarly research led you to this conclusion?

9. yeah there definately is gonna be..
    Definately if McCain gets office..
    an most likely if obama gets office..

10. i dought it but only time will tell, i dont think any one will legalize or decrimnalize it in this upcoming election:(

11. Obama said that legalizing pot wasn't a high priority for his administration. That said, I do believe it would be possible to get him to reclass marijuana from having no medical purpose and stopping the DEA raids on states that made medical MJ legal. I believe he can do that without a vote from congress. Just reschedule the drug.

12. I find this really hard to believe, where did you find this info? The US does not need a draft to fight a war in the middle east given the population and the size of the military already - also congress would never pass a draft - they wouldn't want THEIR children going if it's not necessary. People have been talking about a draft for years now, it won't happen for this conflict.

13. There would never be a draft we have technology to locate and destroy as seen on tv and it only takes small well trained teams by foot to locate the most remotely placed adversaries. What the military wants are not huge numbers of soldiers but well trained individuals to operate sophisticated equipment.

14. Barack said that in like 2004? just to let everybody know...
    I mean, yeah, its good.
    But i don't know if he would say that he supports it now since he's running for president. That would be pretty risky.

15. Yeah, "not high priority" means NO change. Don't get your hopes up.

For the poster above, all of Ron Paul's views aren't really his, he got them all from the constitution, if you oppose that then I'm disappointed to be honest.

16. Salvial,good point. The constitution has been turned into an abortion of amendments. I believe Ron Paul is a Strict Constructionist. Basically if its not in the Constitution its not against the law. Obviously this is the real issue. The law of the land is set forth in a constitution. Im voting Obama.

...(Wiki)The Strict Constructionist approach to interpreting the Constitution, insists on the literal meaning of a provision in the face of contrary claims that the text must mean more or less than it expressly says. This approach appeals to the promises of simplicity and determinacy. For example, Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black insisted that the First Amendment's command that "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech" meant exactly that, "no law."
    Strict Construction's simplicity and its determinacy, however, can also be liabilities. Provisions of a text, when read as units in isolation, can be rigid. Reading sentences of the Constitution in isolation, in the name of a "strict construction", can leave questions about whether the meaning of the text at issue can be interpreted without context. Continuing with the above example, although Justice Black would have said that "no law" can be passed abridging the freedom of speech, he certainly would not sensibly have said that treason was protected speech, or that shouting "fire!" in a crowded theater was protected speech

17. Im voting Obama because he is black, I do not fail to see some of the irony's of the situation. So in the worlds eye I think we have the opportunity to wake up in 08. as a country we must bring our spending down; We need to relax our posture of world domination through global influence, of the corporate complex. This is a grass roots endeavor that will require change on the part of all of us. As inflation(not supply and demand related) pushes the price of a gallon of milk higher maybe 8$ for a 1/2gal of the Organic stuff, and bread becomes scarce simply because you cant afford the bread on the shelf. We will see change. So we must break the cycle of corporate destruction. I think Obama will temper the system. If not rain in the right to be free from enemies from afar and all enemies with in. Be ware of false PROFITS.

18. >> Barack Obama, U.S. Senator (D-IL), stated in a Mar. 22, 2008 interview with Gary Nelson, Editorial page editor for the Oregon newspaper Mail Tribune:

"When it comes to medical marijuana, I have more of a practical view than anything else. My attitude is that if it's an issue of doctors prescribing medical marijuana as a treatment for glaucoma or as a cancer treatment, I think that should be appropriate because there really is no difference between that and a doctor prescribing morphine or anything else. I think there are legitimate concerns in not wanting to allow people to grow their own or start setting up mom and pop shops because at that point it becomes fairly difficult to regulate.

I'm not familiar with all the details of the initiative that was passed [in Oregon] and what safeguards there were in place, but I think the basic concept that using medical marijuana in the same way, with the same controls as other drugs prescribed by doctors, I think that's entirely appropriate.

I would not punish doctors if it's prescribed in a way that is appropriate. That may require some changes in federal law. I will tell you that...the likelihood of that being real high on my list is not likely. What I'm not going to be doing is using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue simply because I want folks to be investigating violent crimes and potential terrorism. We've got a lot of things for our law enforcement officers to deal with."​

He did change his POV since March a few months back which he wasnt pro or con, here more recently he seems to be taking a more progressive stance.

Heres a video,
    http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080322/MEDIA03/80322004/-1/NEWS0802
    -5:05 into to it is him speaking on medical marijuana

19. There is great and realistic, and there is wonderful/ideal, and impossible. Obama is the former.