Band shirts and concerts

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Apple iJuice, Jul 7, 2011.

1. I've always been told different things, but is there any particular etiquette to wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? While some people say it shouldn't be done and you don't want to be "that guy" others do it anyway and don't care. I tend to just wear the shirt of a different artist, but that's just me. What do you guys do?

2. I go by the rule of thumb that if it's a band's t-shirt that you have purchased at a previous gig, it's cool. Especially if it's from a previous tour. Anything with tour dates is fair game.

3. Well it's Warped Tour and my first one so I have no previous shirts, I think I'll just go with my BVB shirt.

4. um, its a shirt, the band doesnt give a fuck, nor should you.

5. Yeah, it really doesn't matter. You're a fan supporting the band you dig. Who gives two shits about what you're wearing? Especially as big as something as Warped. Rock on.

6. Dude, just put on a shirt and go jam out to some music. :confused:

7. shirt is optional too, im pretty sure lol, makes this even easier

8. sounds dumb, but i know what he means. at the same time tho, who cares. catch 22, lol.

9. I'll wear a band shirt to a show if i have them, because if i have a shirt from that band, it means i LOVE them. I dont buy many shirts.

So i love to wear my shirts to a show and let people know that is who i am there for.

but, my friend gets super uptight about what to wear and always texts me like "what should i wear?" haha im just like dude idc

10. #10 Footbag, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
    A bit faux pas even though you'll see plenty of others that did the same at a big show.

11. like piven said in pcu. don't be that guy. the guy who wears the shirt of the band he's going to see.

my opinion. you gotta wear a metallica shirt to a metallica show and so on.

12. Yeah you guys are right, fuck it. I'll wear what I want.

Too bad it took 7 people for me to figure that out.

13. It depends on your vagina.

14. u dirty pete

15. I don't know, I usually don't wear a shirt at shows.