Banana Peels

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Misseerie, Jan 14, 2012.

1. So I have heard that banana peels can be used to feminize seeds. I have found some info, but its seems like BS or it was way to in depth. I understand that is has to do with the gases from the peel, and the overall concept. Just curious if anyone out there knows more about how, or has done this to fem seeds before. I collect seeds when I come across them, most of which are identifiable because they come from labeled meds. I have just finished my first grow and would like to work on my germination skills. I would like to buy femed seeds for my next grow, but dont want to screw it up. So my goal is to practice germ with free seeds, learn how to fem at the same time, and hopefully end up with some girls to donate! If the banana peels work, then I may even go with regular seeds online. Sorry for the ramble, thanks for reading, any input is appreciated....

:gc_rocks:

2. Sex is genetically predetermined. Females are fertilized with feminized pollen which produces only female seeds. Easy simple.

The seeds you have already have been sexed you just can't tell. You have to have a genetics lab to figure that out or grow it. No matter what you do to those seeds whatever there sex is is how there going to turn out.

Theres a lot of science behind creating feminized seeds read up on it bro.

3. ding ding 3000 posts!

4. That sounds way more realistic to me. Thank you, for taking my rose colored glasses.:eek: Im trying to read up and learn as much as I can, but its a lot to absorb at times. I still have tons to learn!

Kinda feel like the girl whos looking for blinker fluid at the auto shop?!

Im not this gullible in real life....:smoke:

So does this mean that watering with eagle tears, wont grow golden buds?:D

5. A really good book all Cannabis owners should own is Cannabis Grow Bible.

6. I tried it years ago- didn't work- still got an average number of males. Fruit flies loved it, though! (Experiments are fun to do!)

Granny

7. You can buy feminized seeds from Nirvana, about 3x the cost of regular, but I never had a problem.