Ban the N word

Discussion in 'General' started by mrtwomuchskill, Dec 1, 2006.

1. I was on AOL today and saw some quote on Chamillionaire stating that we should ban the N word which let me to this site. http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6442 So who thinks we should me personally being black I think it would be a good thing, not even black people can say it its more a cultural thing but I would vote Yes to ban it .

2. I strongly disagree. This is only going to serve to make the word increasingly taboo and highlight racial differences.

3. banning a word would do just as much good as banning the bathroom

people are still going to use it just as much as before, maybe more if its banned

we just need to educate people so they don't need to resort to racism

4. Yeah that is true but I think the less you use a word the less power it has and I also think most rappers/comedians should stop using it rap can handle it but comedy is gonna take a blow from this one

5. i dont think you can outlaw a word

maybe cutting its commercial usage in half(rap/comedy)

ionno man its an uphill battle either way

6. we should focus on legalizing pot, not banning other things along with it

free world, free country, free to do as we please

7. i agree

"Racism is alive in America and I been all over the world," Noreaga told AllHipHop.com. "What hurts me the most, is when you have an actor of such stature and he says your a n****r, and I think that's how he really feels. What also makes me mad is when you got Jesse [Jackson] running to his aid, as if he didn't mean to say it. Man f**k that motherf***er."

Noreaga's the man.

8. just give it up pot will never be legalized in the U.S would put to many cigarette, alcohol, and drug companies out of buisness and on the street

9. Yeah sure ban the N word, but only if you believe that such an action will erase sentiments that have taken hundreds of years to be instilled in our culture. Sure enough, and while we're at it let's ban the words white, black, fascism, cancer, drug addiction, loneliness, and pain.

If only we could abolish all such unpleasant realities from society by taking the words out of our daily vocabulary and not by hard work or education.

(Ahhhhhhhhh... sighs to himself.)<O:p</O:p

10. you could say the same thing about outlawing a word...

11. I don't know man, we're ridiculously close in Canada. Once we get harper and the conservative minority out of the house, I think the legalization activity with be stepped up and considerable progress will be made.

Also.. wasn't Noriega a CIA-installed dictator in Latin America?

12. yeh but noreaga is a rapper who wasn't allowed to put out records under that name so he changed it to N.O.R.E.

Or Ni***s On the Run Eating...

13. what about cracker banning that shit will put saltine outta biz

my vote is fuck no..it's a freakin' word no more no less charging it with taboo and adding a dash of government pocket picking/right stealin'

they wanna bully and it's an easy in if it ties to another bill or act that allows full run on the person who used the word

14. But you guys have to understand that U.S is the only country that really had issues with African Amerivan slaves. Canada was cool thats where slaves actually migrated to too escape, dont know Canadas history but never heard about any plantations up there have you and who nows, maybe banning the N word might be a stepping stone to greater things like the the legilization of the blessed MJ plant

15. What product do you actually know has the word n***a on it none thats what and would it really affect the U.S economy if it did really the only people it would affect is black/hispanic(cause they say it too)

16. 5-10 its legal for medical 20ish its totally legal

17. back to the N word, i think it's pretty stupid to even be making a big deal about it, let's ban cracker, spick/beaner, chink, and all other racist derogatories in this case. Come on, at this rate the world's gonna be so uptight in the future. This is when we need weed legalized the most, everyone can stop, enjoy a toke, and think to themself how much of a dumbass they've been all this time. But, no, don't ban it, instead get a life.

18. Ever heard of the dutch? the Portuguese? the Spanish?

19. Calling someone the n word is bad, but i dont think most sensible people care too much if its used in a non racial way. If we ban the n word what do we call twisted up baggies with weed in the corner, cracker sacks?

20. A couple of people have tried to do this already. And i laugh that someone like Camillionaire would even care. They should put a tax on it. Any use of the word in media should have a fine, but still be able to say it under there own right. Americas past is so fucled theres no goin back