Ban 'Post Your Thoughts'.. FOREVER

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jason Van Jason, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let's make grass city a forum again!.. And great!

Who's with me? If your not, voice your opinion and respond, but do it respectfully.

I've made my argument several times on this forum before, but i'll make it once more, briefly. Note: I am not a grower, I do not use this site to access growing information; if you do, great, but I am not speaking in this context, so if your going to apply that context to the conversation, understand I do not really care for that context outside of 'If you need help, you can get it.'

Created content on GC is at an all time low, except in the chatterbox thread(s), where the majority of our content is being created. This leaves the forums, outside of the chatterbox, feeling dead, when really, it is not that dead.

When I say, remove the chatterbox thread, I mean to say that the created content inside of it should still have a place in Grasscity, just not in a thread, but rather, on the front page, in a way that people who come here can immediately see it.

Immediately, the counterpoint by Mods made is "How do we moderate that?" and my question is how the fuck are you moderating the chatterbox thread? Ok.. So take that concept, whatever it is, and apply it to the chat box. Make the chat box a privilege, so only users with like 500+ posts can use it or some shit, so we do not get spammers abusing it or shit head new users doing whatever with it..

Now, where can we put the chat box? I've got a great idea! Where these stupid, fucking useless status's are! Ok, I do not mean to be an ass, but I do not fucking care how you, specifically, are doing. Period. I do not and if I did care, I would want to inquire about your wellness in the form of maybe several questions, like a chat, rather than reading some fucking dumb status that can only be 140 characters long. Sure, we could go back and fourth on each others walls, great, but what if I want to actually chat with you? We both have to mutually exit grasscity and continue our chat on another platform? Its just silly.

And really, if this were to become a reality, do you really think finding additional volunteers to Mod it would be difficult? Like, really? Just Mod the chat box, that is your job, if you fuck it up, oh well, we find other users and ban you from it for a week or 24 hours or some shit.

Let us have the conversation and let our combined wills force the hand that feeds, into feeding us what we want. I am fucking sick and tired of cheerios, I want fruit loops.

WHO ELSE WANTS FRUIT LOOPS!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. :lmafoe:

3. I'm going to go ahead and shut this down now. We recently had another member make a similar thread and I believe that chaos ensued and it was either closed or deleted. We've had others do it, as well. This isn't a new topic.

I have always been very open in that I don't agree with PYT aka 'The Forum Killer' being a part of our forums. I can give you a long list as to why including that it takes away from new content being generated in the form of threads but there is no need in making the list. The Mod team shut PYT down at some point quite some time ago, probably before you were even here, but because there was such an uproar by a group of members over the closure, the owner of Grasscity reopened it and declared that it stay open. So, we continue to moderate it to the best of our abilities.

Your suggestion as to where PYT should be isn't so much an option. Your comments about having a conversation with another member is something that can happen via PM within the Conversation system. It's private and you can go back and forth with one another. No need to exit Grasscity.

I'll say what I still believe should happen and that is for PYT, game threads and similar threads to be put into a forum where the posts do not count towards a member's total post count. That would be a good option. People tend to care very much about their post count and it might actually invoke some to step out of that PYT trap and make some quality threads, instead.

We do appreciate your feedback on this topic, though. It helps when people who don't like PYT and what it has done to Grasscity let us know. A PM is a good way to do that. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.