BAMF reflexes

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ILoveSpaghetti, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hey everybody

I like to trick shoot with my Red Ryder Carbine Action BB gun (the same kind your dad had when he was a kid). so now that i've gotten past shooting at tin cans on the ground, i've moved up to more advanced shooting, aka shooting stuff out of the air.

So today, i was practicing my skills. I started by throwing up a milk jug and some 2 liter bottles and shooting them, and i was hitting them about 95% of the time, and the other 5% is probably due to malfunctions. So after i was hitting the jugs pretty well, i started shooting at tin cans i would throw in the air. i hit those about half the time. i was getting tired and getting ready to stop when i saw the caps.

When i started shooting the jugs, i pulled off the caps so that the BB's wouldnt bounce off and put my eye out (lol). the caps i had taken off were just your run of the mill 2 liter caps, average size, ect. for shits and giggles, i decided to throw one up in the air to see if i could hit it. What happened next blew my fucking mind... I ACTUALLY HIT IT!!! i was like :eek::eek::eek: cause i had just done it for fun, not expecting it to connect. After that, something else even more amazing happened: I DID IT AGAIN!!! i was like lol wow... i tried 3 more times and didnt hit it, but i was fuckin amazed that i hit it those 2 times...

anyway, imma start practicing more, and if i think about it, i'll start a thread with my hit/miss ratios, training log, and maybe some vids of me shooting. what do you all think?

2. Don't do that

We don't care

:laughing: I'm just kidding man, that's pretty cool

3. you're going to shoot your eye out, kid

:cool:

4. Your sig makes me hungry

5. I have one my dad had a as kid (lmao) im about to start using it again. i won a contest at a gun club my dad use to go to. we used BB guns of course, but I won so ima try and get good again

6. Why don't you shoot a real gun?

7. 1. Get a real gun
    2. Go to a shooting range
    3. Shoot a hole in a coin at 100 yards

Then come back and talk to me

8. haha yeah, i think so. im also working on some annie oakley shots, like shooting over my shoulder with a mirror, shooting the flame off of a candle, ect.

i do shoot real guns, but i can't talk about that on grasscity. besides, bb gun ammo is cheap (6000 shots for $6 bucks??? hell yes!!) and you don't have the safety factor to worry about- if i tried this with an actual firearm the bullet could possibly go for over a mile and a half behind my range, and theres houses only a half-mile behind it. so, basically, bb guns are a safe, cheap alternative to using an actual firearm. plus, they're fun :p

i've already done this. besides, this is target/bench shooting, not shotgun style like i was doing.

anyway GC, let's stop talking about guns so that this thread doesnt get closed

9. I'm not allowed to have a BB gun in south Australia (although i was a memebr of an airRifle club when i was a kid)

Lucky for me i can have a Nerf gun, muwhaha

10. get a shotgun

go to a range, and go skeet shooting
    :wave:

11. Just remember, if you shoot yourself in the eye and break your glasses, blame it on the icicles.

12. seriously? that sucks... nerf guns are fun though, they make the best tools for stoner wars

i would, but shotguns are expensive, the ammo is hella expensive, and the ranges near where i live are expensive. combine that with being a full time student without a job, and it gets near impossible. i'd love it if i could though.

13. Heres my bb guns the rifle is 1250 FPS.And the pistol is only 480 FPS.I can shoot any target from a orange and bigger from 100 yards away every time with the rifle. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Please don't start that thread

15. what do you mean?

And lets cool it with the pics. those could be mistaken for real guns, and i dont want anyone banned/this thread deleted.

but yeah, i have that same air rifle. I think that most companies make a variant of it. mines a Ruger Airhawk, but it looks exactly the same as the one in the pic, except for the stock on mine is a dark red wood. its decently accurate, but i wouldnt try to use mine at 100 yards.

the bb pistol looks nice though. is it semi auto? i have a crappy single shot bb/pellet pistol that i bought at wal-mart for 20 bucks. i tried to use it to do the same sort of stuff, you know, shotgun type stuff, but its just so inaccurate... how accurate is yours? cause it'd be nice to have a CO2 gun for practice

16. the rifle is a ruger air hawk with a break down barrel.and the pistol is kinda accurate n semi auto.i use it just for walking around my yard and trying to sharp shoot anything i see that will be hard to hit.the rifle is a beast when i wanna go squirrel hunt I got these led hollow point bullets and they go in smooth.but when they come out they tear a inch hole

17. really? one time when i shot a squirrel (i'm ashamed to admit it, but yes, i did), the pellet didnt even come out the other side, it lodged in the heart. i was using a so called "hunting" pellet designed to blossom on impact. i was about 25 yards away from the squirrel when i shot it.

18. #18 ReMpTiOn, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    it depends on what FPS it is mine is one of the most FPS rifles you can get.Most Daisys top at 720 FPS mine is 1250 heres the hollow tip i use.but keep in mind i dont kill animals to watch tme suffer.I kill them for food.I think taxes on food is ridiculous and uncalled for/ [​IMG]

19. You made a thread about shooting guns...you're discussing guns..sarcasm? :confused:

20. step -1: learn the 5 firearm saftey rules:
    step 0: memorize said rules
    step 1: learn the basic fundamentals of the platform of your choice( handgun, carbine, rifle.. etc)
    step 2: purchase platform of your choice.
    step 3: repeat step one incorporating dryfire
    step 4:Go to a reputable range known for enforcing step -1 and 0
    step 5: shoot
    step 6: repeat -1 thru 5