Bamboo bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Subayammy507, Oct 19, 2014.

1. I've been working with bamboo for a little while now ever since my good pal found a patch of easily accessible bamboo. When we started we made some rough shit but it got the job done. But I always wanted to go bigger and better of course. Instead of quick chillums I started making bongs and other things. Unfortunately I only have a picture of my most recent creation, a basic bamboo and coconut bong. I've made a quadruple chamber bamboo bong and some sick steamrollers and pipes. I also like making wood pipes as well. Anyways my pals have been starting to get really stoked whenever I come over with a new piece so I'm thinkin I should start maybe sellin some custom shit. Problem is pricing. I'm not sure how much would be a fair price for these pieces. I put a lot of time and work into each piece I make so it's hard to put a price on that. Any guesstimates on a price range for my most recent bong? Thanks guys! Also this is my first post yay!
    Also how can I upload a picture......

Womp

2. Thats awesome, I'd love a bamboo pipe man. Not a bong though haha.

3. The only bamboo bong I've ever seen/used is one that is owned by a friend of mine in Virginia - Dave the Hippy.  It's ancient, he has pictures of him and his horde using it at Woodstock 1969.  When I visit him, we use it with reverence.  That bong is indestructible.

Anything handmade by a true craftsman should be priced accordingly.  I recently paid $200 for a nice single perc w/ice pinch that was blown by an artist in Washington.  Depending on the dimensions of your work, I will just ballpark a price at $100 and up.

Hard to say without seeing them but, go forth and create.  I would like to see your work and possibly get one as a gift for my old friend.

Perhaps you could make a deal with a head shop near you and sell them on consignment.

Good luck, amigo!