Ballast

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by D.Selections, Nov 23, 2016.

1. i had a question regarding lights and ballast. So could I just hang a bulb over the plants and that would work? Or does all high wattage bulb require a ballast to power them? Another question is how do I choose my correct ballast. If I have a 1000 watt bulb will that require a 1000 watt ballast? Or would a 600 watt ballast work? Thanks for the help, and ideas

2. req a ballast ..... buy a digital ballast then you can use both HPS and MH bulbs also get a dimable ballast so you can operate at diff wattages

3. Got to match ballast to wattage of bulb. Light is the most important part of your grow. You can cheap out during the veg cycle, but if you want a harvest worth your effort and expense, make sure you have adequate wattage of quality light for flower. It's the difference in ending up with grams or ounces in the end. TWW

4. Thanks for your response! So do you think two 1000 watt in a 10x5 with five plants per light would be too much lighting or would the plants do fine? Essentially is a certain wattage for a certain amount of plants? Thanks for any response :) !