Ballast question?????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arnold420, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I have sunsystem ballasts and the cable that goes from the ballast to the plug at the ballast can ether get plugged in a 120v or a 240v. I know that in my flower room i have a four light controller that allows me to run my 3x 600wmh/hps all through the 240v inlet. In my veg room i dont have 240v ran to any plugs and my 1000mh ballast can ether run 120v or 240v but i asume that since i dont have 240 available than i cant run it that way. My question is what will be the difference if its just ran the regular way through the 120v?

2. ?????????????????

3. #3 noober, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
    you need to run it at the voltage of your wall elcetrical outlets - 120v

Everything you plug into a 120v wall outlet should be 120v.

The difference will be that it works.

Peace

4. In my flower room i have a light controller with 240v ran to it witch allows me to run all my lights at 240v (whats the differnce between lights with the same watts but one running 240v and one running 120v?)

5. None. The ballast electrical circuit just uses a different transformer, depending on the wall outlet voltage.

The light output will be the same.

6. Use Ohm's law, P=iV.

P = Power = Watts
    i = current = Amps
    V = Voltage = Voltage :)

7. #7 noober, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008

Right. The ballast will deliver the same power at the light socket whether you have it plugged into 120v or 240v. The ballast's transformer circuits guarantee it... until they faulter :(

Your voltage switch has to be set correctly on the ballast, unless it has electronic switching. And some ballasts determin voltage by the electrical socket you're using on the ballast. They're different for 120 and 240

The power is always the same at the light socket.

8. So i would have to run the ballasts that are on the light controller that is ran with 240v by the 240v plug and the light thats to the reg wall outlet by the 120v plug, but it makes no difference in lummens not even electric bill?

9. Exactly :)

Power output is the same so power consumption is the same.

10. Thanks bud!!!! Took me three days and two threads to get this answer

11. This calls for a bongload of purple kush, cheers!

12. Me too got some purps but dont think its kush