Ballast problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by curtropolis420, Apr 11, 2008.

1. i have a 250w MH the whole thing is wired and ready to plug into the wall the only thing is i have nothing to put the ballast in and close it up i tried a radioshack project box its to small i'm thinking of going with a tackle box /tool box i'm not sure yet though its about 5x5 inches or so any suggestions ....+ an ignitor

2. You could try the Home Depot's electrical section but they probably won't have anything.

The best thing to do is find a local electrical supplies store that contractors use. Get a steel enclosure and some cable connectors.

Make sure you ground the enclosure and carry the ground through to your light fixture. If you buy an electrical enclosure it will come with a ground screw.

I wouldn't cheap out and put it in a "tackle box". Any plastic electrical enclosures are rated fire retardant. The tackle box is not designed for this. If something shorts in the ballast and the plastic catches fire it will not self extinguish.

Steel is the safest.

Here is a link to Hammond. http://www.hammondmfg.com/

3. oh word dude thanks for the link i know about grounding its grounded to a metal plate in the inside of my grow box but nooo i was talking about an old tackle box its deffinitly metal i wouldn't put anything that got that hot in plastic but yeah again thanks for the link..=)

4. for anyone out there with a do it yourself ballast kit this is where to get a metal box to throw it in( the link that guy gave me) hahah i'm a stoner what do you expect me to do...re-type the link