Ballast problems

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Boris Sputnik, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Hi everyone !

I have a IPower 600 Watts dimmable electronic ballast . It's in its second batch only and sometimes the light will flicker . Like if I would play with the dimmer switch from 600 to 450 ... Sometimes it's OK .
    I tryied to dimm it and bring it back ,but now it won't even dim anymore .
    Anyone ran into that kind of problem ? It's not on the garanty anymore ....
    I don't even know if it's stuck to 450 or 600 watts .
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks !

Boris

2. Have you tried running it without the dimmer...or is it something that can be run without the dimmer? Sounds like a bad connection/contact issue to me. Use the magnetic ballasts. They are heavier overall and get hot, but seem to stand up to the long-term use and abuse they have to take for one of these grows. Also, you don't save money by buying cheap equipment in the growing world. Your lights are the most important equipment you own so get the best quality you can afford and the biggest wattage you can afford to hang over your plants because light grows plants. Nutes feed plants, but LIGHT is the thing you have to have (during flower) to force a plant to produce like it should. We're trying to mimic the sun here, so unless you have good lighting for every plant you flower, you're not getting what you should be. It took us awhile to get our setup together...one piece at a time. But as you grow more you'll understand more what you need and how your setup will perform it's best. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1