Baldur's Gate 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Jitros067, May 13, 2012.

1. Why has no one made a thread dedicated to the godfather of all that is great and pure in RPG games???!!! Simply baffled!

The whole Baldur's Gate series is simply a classic. I was fucking hooked on it when I was a kid and I recently started it up again since I have nothing else to do and fuck, I'm hooked on it again! Anyone else still playing around? I'm currently on bg2 with a level 11 bounty hunter, nothing special just started it up recently, I'm at the part with the encounter with Firkaag in his dungeon.

2. I played it on PS2 a while back, it was really good. My only complaint (though a large one) is that it was so short.

3. Ah the console versions of Baldur's Gate are absolutely rubbish compared to the PC format.

4. What's different about it? I always figured they were pretty much the same

5. Whhaattt! Nooo man, the baldur's gate series on the PC is the original series, it's the open rpg one where you make your own character and you have a party with you, it's a really epic open rpg and granted it'll get you hooked.

6. Baldur's Gate series is the motherfuckin shit! Planescape Torment was also really good. Icewind Dale series, never got into Neverwinter Nights as much, but they were solid.

7. Ahhhh hell yeah! Yeah I never REALLY got into Neverwinter Nights but from what I've heard it's pretty fucking epic, defo should get around that soon.

Doing Watchers Keep right now before I head onto spellhold, killed Firkraag the dirt cheap way ;p

8. baldurs gate1 is still to date the best game i ever played. never had to time to finish bg2 tho :( i wish i had.

9. Ah my man you gotta replay balduer's gate 1 and then play baldur's gate 2 shadow of amn and throne of baal, what an epic adventure you'd have;p

10. You should grab the mod that will play BG1 on the BG2 engine, it then lets you pick up in BG2 with your BG1 chars. pretty sweet mod IMO. Great site for BG mods and shit.

Sorcerer's Place - Baldur's Gate Mods

11. Holy crap, I had no idea you could play Bg1 on the BG2 engine O_O sexy.

12. I frickin love BG. Does anyone remember that spin-off parody they did called "A Bards Tale"? Funny stuff man. I hear they're making a new BG3.

13. So...I just reinstalled BG1+2 with all expansions, a couple of mods, and I'm on chapter 4 of BG1 already. OP, I love you man. Thanks for rekindling my obsession.

14. Haha you're welcome :hello:

BG series is such a fucking awesome game, in my opinion it's the perfect RPG out there at the moment.