Baldur's Gate 2 (Pc)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Tox1C420, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Im wondering if anybody out there still plays this game? Its still one of the best rpgs out there IMO still and I just recently reinstalled it to play a evil campaign. I wanna get a multiplayer game going on soon if anybody is interested, I have a lvl 21 Sorcerer and a lvl 18 Fighter/Cleric.

2. I haven't played this game in a while, but this is one of the greatest RPG's of all time. I have played it and replayed it many a time.

You probably know this, but some of the Baldurs Gate guys (Former Black Isle Studios guys), same guys who were responsible for Fallout 1 and 2 are now at Obsidian, and I think Bethesda, and also of course BioWare, who co created Baldurs Gate, so if you love BG2, check out Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, all awesome games with a similar vibe.

3. Played Neverwinters Nights 1 and 2 including the expansions for both. Fallout 3 is the latest RPG that I've beaten and it was a blast. You should install BG2 again and play some mods with me. My Sorcerer can now summons Planar allies and comets, its great. Im also working on getting him the legendary staff.

4. I just can't get myself to go back to BG these days, graphics hold up, but are still too out of date for my liking. Still a great game though.

5. Lol any other suggestions then I've been trying to find a good rpg for xbox but the only game that caught my attention was Fallout 3and i've finished that. I just wish they create a game similiar to BG, I just love being a high powered sorcerer casting time stop, dragon's breath, alcary ( however its spelled) and just going to town on mobs of enemies. I just went thru the underdark today with my sorcerer and I literally took on a army of slaves by myself and I even made 2 lvls doing it. Good times!

6. Dude, I would definitely check out Knights of the Old Republic 1 and/or 2. Graphics totally hold up, it's basically Baldurs Gate in the Star Wars universe. Or Actually, it plays a little more like Neverwinter nights. It's you, plus two party members. Real time combat with a pause feature, Force replaces magic, lightsabres replace swords, but it's the same kind of thing.

Suposedly Elder Scrolls the latest in the series is awesome, and is basically Fallout 3 with swords and magic. I haven't played it, but I've heard good things.

And, if you can take the old school graphics, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 were made by some of the same Baldurs Gate guys, and it's the same game engine, basically the same game as Baldurs. Another classic.

Sorry man, I can talk about this stuff all day!

7. #7 Tox1C420, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    Im looking at Icewind Dale right now. seems like a good time. Baldur Gate gets ridiculous espically when 4 of your teamates can summon comets, planar allies, stop time and all kinds of overpowered stuff. I mean I understand your suppose to be epic characters and all but after I got Time Stop and Dragons Breath I basically walked over everything in the game. The only challenging parts were magic resistance fights but those weren't that hard with Lower Magic Resistance and the Whip that removed all protection spells.

Edit: Idk just thinking about it maybe I could go thru it again without as much magic but that would seem dull to me. I'm a spellcaster at heart and every game I play I'm usually the mage/sorcerer/wizard whatever its called.

8. i bought it a long time ago, I never really got into it..I liked diablo more