Balcony, tropical, near the equator grow.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Markbass4444, May 24, 2016.

1. #41 Markbass4444, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    hi goodgrace87! It seems like all the mites are gone (knock on wood) thanks to the weather its been so humid and cool in the past couple of days (mites hate it) but the seedlings are not looking so good the malathion really took a toll on them.... anyways they seem to be thriving to survive... (never again to malathion) [​IMG]
    the vegetating one seems to be alright... I named it "Hope" I even cloned it 2 days ago....[​IMG] I made a DIY humidity dome and I used liquid root growth hormone before planting the two clones... [​IMG] so far my only problem growing in the balcony is the super strong balcony winds! so I have to take them inside most of the time [​IMG] the one seedling that I repotted is doing so well... I even topped it today.... so far so good... I even have a new born seedling planted in a small plastic pot [​IMG] have a good one! happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #43 Markbass4444, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Update:
    Hi! my first two clones was a failure... the roots never developed and instead I got stem rot on both
    [​IMG]
    newbee mistake.... the soil was too wet, so I tried again for the third time... this time I made sure the soil was airy and is not super wet... and I water it very little (one teaspoon of water) daily....
    [​IMG] (this clone is 6 days old and is still inside the humidity dome)
    it looks like a success!
    The mother plant seems to start pre-flowering.... can anyone tell me if this one is a female or a male?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    thank you! Have a nice day everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]
    yes! I see roots on my clone
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. #49 Markbass4444, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    thanks! the sex of the mother plant is still unknown, the pre-flower still looks exactly thesame no progress yet cause It is sick right now. I transplanted it to a larger pot (it has a good root ball) [​IMG] [​IMG] .....transplant shock right now then I over fertilized it....(another newbie mistake) too much nitrogen the tip of the leaves started to curl and yellow.... then some of the lower smaller leaves completely dried up... too much leaf loss.... maybe in another week or two we will find out, BTW... your plants are beautiful! Unreal!

• Like Like x 1
  5. the clone is looking pretty good I even topped it yesterday..... [​IMG]but the mother plant is very sick from over watering from the rain.... I left my crib, it rained hard and when I got back home the mother plant was over watered.... the roots of the mother plant is probably having a hard time finding oxygen from its new larger pot

Sent from my F1s using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. update :
    remember these guys who almost died from the malathion spray?[​IMG]
    here they are now all planted into individual pots....[​IMG] I'll name them survivor 1,2,3,4, and 5...

the next picture below is the mother plant "Hope" and it's clone (Hope C1)[​IMG] Hope is really getting better very slowly every single day, Hope suffered from transplant shock, over-watering, and over fertilizer..... I think some or a lot of it's roots died and it's trying to regrow its roots at the moment... the last one is the latest baby seedling[​IMG] a very slow growing seedling.... those stuff that looks like rocks on top of the soil is[​IMG] I am currently giving them 17 hours of light daily. 12 hours of natural sunlight and skylight from 5:30am to 5:30pm then I move them inside for another 6 hours of indoor lights.... I hope I am not doing anything wrong.... more like as a learning experience and experiment.. happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #57 Markbass4444, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    hello, scratch the 17 hours of light.... I changed my mind.... I'm putting them back on pure outdoor grow... I only did the extra indoor night time lights for a week.... I hope by putting them back on just pure outdoor won't mess up their light cycle..... well here they are now inside a metal frame covered with clear plastic cover... that will take care of the strong winds... and when it rains I'll cover the top too with transparent plastic and make sure there are lots of vents
    [​IMG]
    I'll probably only use the light bulbs that I purchased during the day when it gets really dark and cloudy or when it rains... and only during the day.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. #58 Markbass4444, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    quick question.... will my plants start to flower at 11 hours of darkness? I am trying to avoid them from flowering because they are still too young and not bushy enough.... regularly over here on outdoors I get about 13 hours of day light and and 11 hours of night time... here's what I did.... as soon as it gets dark at the balcony I move my plants inside and give it more LED indoor lights for 5 more hours of indoor lights.... LED light bulbs shuts off at 11pm giving the plants 17 hours of light daily.... I did this for a week or maybe more.... here's the thing.... I want to change them back to just pure outdoor grow... and outdoor grow is 13 hours of daylight and 11 hours of dark night.... question is will they start to flower coming from17/7 to 13/11 of pure outdoor? Or the only way they would flower is if they get 12 hours or more of darkness daily? any help would be greatly appreciated

9. Honestly your best bet is to leave them outside and stop taking them in and out and let the natural clock from the Sun be the inducer for your flowering they might stay small unless you want to keep them under lights for 24 hours a day for the first 3 weeks and then bring them outside which will help induce flowering but you have to pick one type of schedule and stick with it if you want to veg out your plans you need to give them constant lighting for 24 hours if they're getting 12:12 they will start flowering early but not too early I still have plants outside that haven't begin to flower yet and they will put out on April 20th but if you want them to get bigger before they flower then I would keep them inside under a constant light until you're ready for them to start flowering

Purple Auto Grow Shared Bed Organic
    No till 15 gallon pot auto grow
    24x24x36 auto grow tent
    6 autoflowering and 3 regular seed

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks.... Okay I am actually doing that right now for the past week or more..... And they are still in veg right now... I just leave them outside... Except for the one clone.... Look at it it has flourished!

• Like Like x 1