Balcony Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by trev, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Hey guys,

Looking to become a first time grower this summer. I believe I will have the freedom to grow a plat or two on my balcony provided it is a very short plant.

Obviously lowryder seems to be perfect, but at over 100 dollars for 10 seeds, I'm not sure I want to pay that, especially if the potency is of an inferior quality like I've heard.

Is there anything else small that is easy to grow that would work on the balcony and is cheaper? I know that is alot of stipulations.

Also, I've read alot about yields lately, but the g/m2 thing doesn't really make all that much sense to me...if you have a suggestion for a strain, and you know what sort of yield is average for a single plant, let me know.

Also, if the balcony grow isn't going to work out for whatever reason, I'll be probably trying my hand at an indoor grow in my closet. I was thinking of trying a few White Widows and a few Speed Queens. Anyone had Speed Queen before?

2. Have you thought about Early Misty ?

http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/early-misty.html

Flowers early, is strong and related to White Widow. A short plant suited to Northern climates. Perfect ?! :cool:

Oh ! And it's only $30 for 10 seeds ...........

3. Can anyone tell me about the leagality of ordering seeds online in Canada? With a credit card?

sn00py, can the site you posted be trusted? I'm on a tight budget and cannot afford to get shafted.

4. Also, whatever I grow, I need to be able to harvest it and dry it by the end of Sept.

I'll be able to plant probably by mid April or so....is that a worthy timeframe for anything other than lowryder?

5. Hi Trev, I havent personally ordered from this website however it looks legitimate to me - They are based in the UK, and thus customs shouldn't be too nosey when they see the package arrive from here (as opposed to the Netherlands) - Either way, if you pay via credit card your covered by insurance if it doesn't show arn't you ?

The information on Misty is that it is ready in September - if you pulled in the middle of the month you could expect to be ready to smoke by the end of September.

6. Afghan is a very nice plant, pretty short. It's super-potent, but I personally don't like the indica, narcotic high it gives. To be honest it reminded me more of Opium than the normal weed I buy lol. It'll also do well in a cold climate, since it comes from the Kush mountains and such.